COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Victims and Kang Hi Hwan give their Sides Of the Story (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Victim from Kang Ji-hwan's case reveals that she tried to call 13 times

Article: Why didn't you directly call police..."failure to send 13 times"

Source: Joongang.co.kr

Victim from Kang Ji-hwan's case reportedly tried to call 13 times.

Actor Kang Ji-hwan recently made a statement apologizing to the victims about the malicious comments they're receiving online because they didn't directly call police.

In response to netizen accusations, their lawyer revealed to Channel A on the 14th that "the reason why the victims weren't able to reach police was because there was no cell service at the house."

According to the lawyer, "Victim 'A's phone call records revealed that she tried to make a total of 13 calls to police and Kang Ji-wan's agency officials and acquaintances to no avail. She was able to send the SMS message to the acquaintance because of an available WI-FI connection."

An official in-charge of the Gangwon branch confirmed that he received a report of a repeated caller from that night but they weren't able to make a direct connection.

In the meantime police recently summoned the acquaintance that made the 112 call and are continuing investigations in the alleged sexual assault.

1. [+187, -91] ㅋㅋㅋHow are we supposed to trust this? Isn't the emergency line supposed to work anywhere..at anytime?? ㅋㅋAlso, it's a celebrities house how in the world is there no cell service?? ㅋㅋㅋ
  2. [+154, -36] She wasn't able to make an emergency call but was able to send an SMS ㅋㅋ
  3. [+138, -37] Just stop with this stinky bulls**t...cancel the 2nd round...it's obvious they're lying...why aren't you arresting them?
  4. [+138, -68] I think we're going to need a polygraph...first the other woman said her clothes were in disarray because he molested her but she got drunk and fell asleep so wouldn't your clothes be messed up in that situation?? We need a thorough exam at this point..
  5. [+43, -4] But isn't the emergency number supposed to work under any circumstance...
  6. [+37, -4] 112 calls are supposed to go through regardless of carrier or service...even if your phone is disconnected..
  7. [+32, -1] It's very strange...if she wasn't able to send the call how was she able to send the SMS?? And why did she report that she was locked up in Kang Ji-hwan's house? It doesn't add up~
Source

Kang Ji-hwan confesses to the sexual assault and netizens react

Article: Kang Ji-hwan: "I apologize to the victims and acknowledge all the charges"

Source: News1

Actor Kang Ji-hwan (42) has admitted to all the sexual assault allegations.

On the 15th, Kang Ji-hwan released a statement though his lawyer and said, "I apologize to the victims who suffered great injuries from my irrevocable wrongs. I acknowledge all the charges."

"I would like to say sorry to all the people that I have hurt and will pay for my sins and wrongs. I will live in atonement and reflection."

Kang Ji-hwan was booked at 10:50pm on October 9th after police were called to his home in Gyeonggi on suspicions of r*ping two coworkers. He invited the two women to his home for a second round of drinks and while they were sleeping, r*ped one and molested the other.

As a result, the Suwon District Court issued an arrest warrant on the 12th after questioning the victims and charged the actor with two counts of sexual assault under the quasi-r*pe clause.

His currently airing drama 'Joseon Survival' was taken off air and all re-runs cancelled.

1. [+10,992, -504] ㅋㅋ where are all the b*stards that accused them of being kkotbaems??
  2. [+7,500, -508] what about the men that accused the women of intentionally getting drunk to try to get money out of him?? ㅋㅋㅋ You would think that every woman in Hannam goes around asking to be sexually assaulted..
  3. [+4,581, -281] Wow I have no words..
  4. [+4,,258, -169] Where are the kkot-baems that accused them of lying?? They need to be sued for everything they've got..
  5. [+3,815, -303] All they could do was stand by the r*pist because they're all cut from the same cloth..
  6. [+1,143, -22] I just saw a report on Channel A news that Kang Ji-hwan's agency informed his parents and went to the victim's house and agreed to a settlement. Kang Ji-hwans parents even threatened the victims to make sure they settle...
  7. [+884, -30] He must've been shaking during that 2nd round ㅋㅋㅋ
  8. [+812, -24] All those men that defended Kang Ji-hwan are quiet because they admitted that they're r*pists too..
  9. [+596, -28] Our country is in this state because of men..
  10. [+406, -17] Where are all the men that wrote all those commentsㅋㅋ

Source: daily Naver

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
  1. [+187, -91] ㅋㅋㅋHow are we supposed to trust this? Isn't the emergency line supposed to work anywhere..at anytime?? ㅋㅋAlso, it's a celebrities house how in the world is there no cell service?? ㅋㅋㅋ
  2. [+154, -36] She wasn't able to make an emergency call but was able to send an SMS ㅋㅋ
I looked it up online and it is easier to send a SMS to an emergency number than it is to call them when there is no service. However, if there is no service in the area when calling an emergency number, then another provider will offer coverage and the call will get through. This applies to the US but I think there are probably similarities in the way it is run in Korea too. If the call is not given to another provider, it would explain why she couldn't call them.

Knetz need to do their research before commenting things...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread