News VIXX Leo confirms Enlistment Date + talks about his panic disorder and depression (1 Viewer)

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Soompi article:
On November 14, VIXX’s Leo took to his official fan café to share his enlistment date and open up about his mental health.

In a handwritten letter, he wrote:

Hello, Starlight [VIXX’s official fandom name]. I am going to write today about something that you’ve all been curious about.
As you know, I was born in 1990. I will be enlisting in the military on December 2, which is a little late. I am not enlisting as an active duty soldier but as a public service worker.
I’m also going to talk about something that fans may already know about me. Ever since November 2013, when I went on the fan meeting world tour with VIXX, I have suffered from severe panic disorder and depression. I’ve been taking medicine regularly and am receiving treatment to ensure it doesn’t get worse.
For a long time, I have always thought that I should show a healthy side of myself when enlisting in the army. My heart is heavy because I was not able to do that, even though my enlistment was delayed. First of all, I want to say sorry to the people who will be worried about me because of my health, and also to those who are disappointed in me.
I am well aware that [my fans] have worried about me and been anxious about me without being able to tell me directly. The reason that I have been able to walk a straight path for the past seven to eight years as VIXX, despite going through hard times that made me want to give up, was because of Starlight, our muses. Because you were here, I am here also.
I want to say this again to those who have supported me and loved VIXX for eight years. Because of you, I and VIXX are who we are today. I will never forget this gratitude I feel toward you, and I will do my best to become a Jung Taekwoon [Leo’s real name] that can comfort you with music and become your muse.
I have received so much from everyone that I feel sorry instead of grateful, but I will work hard to complete my military service, become healthy, and repay [what I have received].
I bow my head in gratitude to those who love me more than I love myself, who support me and are the source of my strength. To the Starlights who have always been the center of our gravity… I’m sorry for worrying you. I love you. I, Taekwoon, am entrusting my younger VIXX members to you now.
From Taekwoon. I will do better so that I can keep going for a long time.
VIXX’s Leo has been active as a musical actor and recently released a song “All of Me” for his birthday on November 10. He will be the second VIXX member after N to begin his mandatory military service.


Source: VIXX’s Leo Reveals His Upcoming Enlistment Date And Opens Up About His Mental Health
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
It must have been very difficult for him to be open about this. Leo is a pretty private guy tbh. I'm glad that he is getting help, and I hope that his time in the military will help him. Maybe a break from his heavy schedules, a breather into a somewhat normal life, and just not being an idol for 2 years will make him feel better :')

I honestly feel so bad that he has the need to apologize to us. Please don't, Leo, this is not your fault in any way. Starlights will continue to love you :(
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,603
Reactions Received
43,662
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,477
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
opening up about mental health is often a difficult thing to do, but i'm glad he's receiving treatment. however it makes me sad that he feels like he has to apologise.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Leo really is special and I am glad he is opening up.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Panda and eclipsoul

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread