Was After School bigger than f(x)? (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
After School is one of the second gen girl groups I'm least familiar with. I like some of their songs and I know about Nana and Orang Caramel.

But were they really bigger than f(x)? This list thinks so. 10 Best K-Pop Girl Groups of the Past Decade: Critic's Picks

Maybe they were more popular with the general public? Could that be why they are listed ahead of f(x)? Cause when it comes to fandom theres no contest. f(x) sold way more albums than After School and it's not even close.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Well, they did the human sushi thing.

I'm not surprised critics love that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
In South Korea, yes. After school peak was bigger than f(x). I remember they had a huge hit song and were everywhere at some point, but their popularity fell real quick, so I would say yes. However f(x) had more longevity and more consistent than them but their peak was never as big as after school.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
as a fan of both it's difficult to say.
f(x) as a SM group always had an edge, with victoria too. but sadly f(x) was more or less not as appreciated as they would have deserved.
after school tho might not be as known now as they used to be but the girl Nana and Uee really were on top and especcially Nana was known as the prettiest girl for years. Kahi also is super popular and is known for her talents. AS also had hits with Diva, Because of You and Bang and where known for their concepts and how interesting their shows were. At the end Orange Caramel left bigger impact in the industry as one of the most known sub units with hitting hit after hit.

I personally think each group equally has an edge over the other in some form. comparing wouldn't be that easy.

I also would have added 4 Minute or Sistar into the mix who I think are on an equal standard.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
as a fan of both it's difficult to say.
f(x) as a SM group always had an edge, with victoria too. but sadly f(x) was more or less not as appreciated as they would have deserved.
after school tho might not be as known now as they used to be but the girl Nana and Uee really were on top and especcially Nana was known as the prettiest girl for years. Kahi also is super popular and is known for her talents. AS also had hits with Diva, Because of You and Bang and where known for their concepts and how interesting their shows were. At the end Orange Caramel left bigger impact in the industry as one of the most known sub units with hitting hit after hit.

I personally think each group equally has an edge over the other in some form. comparing wouldn't be that easy.

I also would have added 4 Minute or Sistar into the mix who I think are on an equal standard.
Most people don't even know 80% of 4minute members names though :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Drew_B

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Most people don't even know 80% of 4minute members names though :(
sadly true. but at least their songs like HuH, Heart to Heart, Mirror, Volume Up, Hot Issue and more are iconic for that generation
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread