Was "Breakthrough" by TWICE wasted as a Japanese single? (1 Viewer)

Joined
20 February 2019
Messages
522
Reactions Received
1,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I’m pretty sure Twice is gonna Release a 2nd japanese album just later later on. It like how One More Time was the lead single to the BDZ album even though it was released in October 2017 with the album released 2018.

Another thing with them preforming the Korean version at MGMA we probably will get a Korean version next comeback for sure.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
It's one of the few Twice songs I actually like so yes, it was wasted in my opinion. They should have released it in Korea and promoted it. I feel like it would have done well.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I like the way they bundled Happy Happy and Breakthrough together. It was a good way to test the waters for changing their concept and appease J Onces

Who knows when they'll have to time to release a Japanese album but I'm kinda hoping they go the same route with the J album, cute concept with Girl Crush repack
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It's one of the few Twice songs I actually like so yes, it was wasted in my opinion. They should have released it in Korea and promoted it. I feel like it would have done well.
They probably will
Fans begged for a Korean version and they promoted it at MGA because of how well received it was
I think they'll make it a bside on the next album and promote it
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
They probably will
Fans begged for a Korean version and they promoted it at MGA because of how well received it was
I think they'll make it a bside on the next album and promote it
Ooooh that's so good to hear. I'm looking forward to it.
 
Joined
6 August 2019
Messages
68
Reactions Received
323
Location
Mina Room
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
They will make a comeback with much stronger than BT.

Btw, i can't wait for full Korean version of it.
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
personally, I feel like it was wasted. it's more girl crush, and korea responds positively to the concept, so if they promoted it in korea, it would have been an even better bop
 
  • Like
Reactions: VillageIdiot
Joined
6 June 2019
Messages
38
Reactions Received
112
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It's not only that.
Many people never checked the song out because it's not a korean Release.
I mean, just look at the Youtube views and compare them with the views for Twice's korean Music Videos.

So yeah, it was kinda "wasted" in more than just one way in my opinion.
And that's just a bummer because not only is it a great song, no, the song also has an awesome concept(I love this 80's Miami Nights Style).
There will be many people who will never know that this song even exists if Twice won't perform it at their concerts outside of Japan.
Really unfortunate. 😒
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread