wat do u..... (1 Viewer)

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I have been more into ballads lately. I just am enjoying some relaxing, chill sounds more this year lol
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I'm a bit selective when it comes to ballads. I love ballads that make interesting production choices or if the vocalist is skilled and knows how to emote properly. I have to feel moved in some way.

Otherwise, they're boring, no matter how pretty-sounding they are.
 
Last edited:
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,041
Reactions Received
4,458
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't like the majority of them. Many are written for OSTs and aren't supposed to overpower a scene in a drama, which makes them lack a really memorable quality unless you're a fan of the drama. I like ballads that are more melodically remarkable, and when I do come across the kind of ballad that works for me I really love it, it's just pretty rare.





 
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
The thing about ballads is that to me they feel pretty story heavy, and with the language barrier and all it can be pretty hard to get into them. Like they can sound great, the MVs are usually really beautiful and all that, but it's much harder to connect with the songs when you don't know most of the story behind them.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of ballads anyway (although there are A LOT of insanely good ones), but drama OSTs usually take the cake just because it's easier to associate the songs with certain scenes, which really add to them in my opinion.




 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I love ballads most of the time, usually I prefer more of an emotional tone in ballads so if the song doesn't have much depth to me then I may not like it that much compared to others but I'm not extremely picky with them.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I generally find them boring. I love some good vocals but I wouldn't just turn on a ballad unless I'm trying to fall asleep and every other method has failed. Ballads are one of the musical genres that I'm least drawn to.
 

Sory

I see that I'm Icy
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
6,873
Reactions Received
17,910
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I like ballads but it's not a genre I'd seek for. If there are any on my favorite’s albums , I will gladly listen and enjoy. But if I didn’t have a connexion to the artist prior and know before I click it’s a ballad, I probably won’t even bother.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread