COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Watching Vinland Saga (1 Viewer)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Ep.4, only got one thing to say

This kid is so stupid
So extremely enormously stupid
Yes kids are stupid in anime/films/fiction
but damn is this kid stupid, so stupid his dad died cause of him, fck I'm supposed to watch this stupid ass throughout the rest of this?
Man i hate when someone is this god damn stupid...

Update: Forced myself to continue watching, thankfully he grew up fast and I didn't have to watch the stupid kid for long
Update 2: He looks stupid af with such long hair, doesn't matter if he's the Levi of Vinland, he looks stupid
Update 3: I'm hating on stuff that's happening but it's not really bad, I just really hate the kid :haylul:

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
You aren't only one lol, I hated Thorfinn most of the show. I think I became less annoyed with him later on, but I don't rly know why maybe just seeing him so much in screen just naturally made me somewhat fond of him. Not my favorite character though and still don't like him xd

Vinland Saga was interesting for me. I didn't rly like any of the characters that much, not that they weren't well written, but I didn't find them likeable to me. Or well Thorfinns family was likeable to me, but that joy didn't last long. The story in other hand was pretty great with it's twists and environments looked amazing.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
You aren't only one lol, I hated Thorfinn most of the show. I think I became less annoyed with him later on, but I don't rly know why maybe just seeing him so much in screen just naturally made me somewhat fond of him. Not my favorite character though and still don't like him xd

Vinland Saga was interesting for me. I didn't rly like any of the characters that much, not that they weren't well written, but I didn't find them likeable to me. Or well Thorfinns family was likeable to me, but that joy didn't last long. The story in other hand was pretty great with it's twists and environments looked amazing.
The story itself is quite unique and you can't really say where it'll go, the semi-gore is basically whats keeping me at this point and the animation too.
Thors was my favorite character definitely, and then he died... I knew he was gonna die but still so much more interesting than Thorfinn.
Not sure what their idea was behind making Thorfinn the main character? Like seeing his growth through the episodes or smn but I think the simple fact that he kills his own father in a way already makes him so much less likable.

And yes as you said the characters aren't that unique but they are still well written, they don't stray from what their traits already are and that's at least something.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
The story itself is quite unique and you can't really say where it'll go, the semi-gore is basically whats keeping me at this point and the animation too.
Thors was my favorite character definitely, and then he died... I knew he was gonna die but still so much more interesting than Thorfinn.
Not sure what their idea was behind making Thorfinn the main character? Like seeing his growth through the episodes or smn but I think the simple fact that he kills his own father in a way already makes him so much less likable.

And yes as you said the characters aren't that unique but they are still well written, they don't stray from what their traits already are and that's at least something.
There will be some character growth for some main cast, but for me that character growth didn't make them more likeable xd

What comes to Thorfinn though, apparently the first season is more of prologue to actual story. Apparently the manga actually shows adult Thorfinn first and then goes into backstory later when the anime is just all backstory? Or that's what I have heard anyways haven't checked out manga myself. But since the story is quite long I think Thorfinns growth will come later on in the anime and maybe he will be actually good protagonist then :lisalaugh:

I also rly liked Thors and also Thorfins sister, they are my favorite characters. Hoped to see more of the sister during the series, like even small scenes of her and the mother, but there wasn't much in anime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread