- Joined
- 18 November 2018
- Messages
- 13,505
- Reactions Received
- 41,701
- Location
- Estonia
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 514
- Gender
- Non-Binary
- Pronouns
- He/They
- Ship
- Wreck
SO, now that there's been a bit of time for the album to settle for me....
Here is my review of it
Turn back time 8/10
Turn Back Time sounds like a WayV title track, plain and simple. It isn't anything surprising, it isn't anything groundbreaking, but it is a solid title track and what I expected them to release. The reason it is missing those 2 points is precisely bcs of that. This isn't anything new from them. I see no reason to listen to Turn Back Time over Take Off or Moonwalk.
Bad Alive 7/10
Feels like a more.... rough, continuation of Turn Back Time. It has interesting parts that I absolutely adore (the pre-chorus especially) but overall it also leaves me with very little impression and memory of the song. It's a good and solid song, but not memorable at all.
Unbreakable 8/10
Tbh I wanted more powervocals in this song. Overall I like the song, but I feel like this song needed more powerful vocals and voices. While Kun, Ten and Xiaojun did their best to bring the power, I think it still fell a bit short.
After midnight 10/10
This whole song suited WayV's voices SO well and it was just so well executed. I adore the dreamy city-night vibe. We already know how well this sound fits Ten from New Heroes, but all the other WayV members fit this SO well as well. I love it.
Only Human 10/10
This song gives me 2000s music vibes, for some reason it reminds me of Green Day. This kind of a dreamy or drowsy sound fits WayV's rapline PERFECTLY. It has this perfect balance between this apathetic drowsy feeling and the occasional stab of more intense emotions. The rap also sounds like they are just telling me a story and I Love it.
Domino 9/10
When the song started I had NO IDEA where it was going. I thought I was going to get bored with this song as well, but surprisingly the chorus tied it all together so well. Lucas's voice going "(I can feel it in my) bones" instantly made the song better. Without it the song would've been too.... samey?
Up from here 6/10
This songs bass is like teasing me. It is.... each bass note is so BRIEF. It can never just STAY (at least in the verses) but then comes the chorus and I get a satisfying BUMMMMM as well. I love that. I still wish the song was more fun. It has a bit of a cheeky vibe and I wish it embraced the cheekiness more. By the end it also got a bit too repetative and left me wishing for some more variation.
Electric Hearts 10/10
EVERYTHING about this is PERFECT! The buildup to the chorus is so epic and even though the drop is more of a soft drop it suits the song so well. The beat is interesting and varied with some quirk to it. I can just imagine bumping to this at a concert and just going absolutely wild dancing. I also love how the last chorus isn't the same as the rest of the song. + the HARMONIES in the last line "Heaven knows I'm falling, I can never be the same" are just... MWUAH
Stand By Me 8/10 (7/10 + 1 pt, bcs Disney channel vibes)
This is such a cheesy song. It feels like a Disney channel song and I love it. There isn't anything special to me, but it is the perfect song to end the album. It leaves the album off on a positive note and feels like a dot on the end of the album. The song itself isn't anything special though and Hendery's rap feels somehow off for me.
ALBUM OVERALL 9/10
The songs taken as they are don't imo deserve a 9/10 BUT... the album all together works so well as a unit. All the songs have a similar feel and vibe to them. I feel like I can always listen to the whole album without skipping a single song, bcs it doesn't fit my current mood. The Album is just pleasant overall to listen to, which makes it a 9/10 for me. Every song isn't perfect or a masterpiece, but in the context of the album they WORK and fit in.
It also overall seems like WayV have figured out the sound that fits them the most and I am really happy for that. This was the perfect album for WayV.
My favourite from the album is Electric Heart
Here is my review of it
Turn back time 8/10
Turn Back Time sounds like a WayV title track, plain and simple. It isn't anything surprising, it isn't anything groundbreaking, but it is a solid title track and what I expected them to release. The reason it is missing those 2 points is precisely bcs of that. This isn't anything new from them. I see no reason to listen to Turn Back Time over Take Off or Moonwalk.
Bad Alive 7/10
Feels like a more.... rough, continuation of Turn Back Time. It has interesting parts that I absolutely adore (the pre-chorus especially) but overall it also leaves me with very little impression and memory of the song. It's a good and solid song, but not memorable at all.
Unbreakable 8/10
Tbh I wanted more powervocals in this song. Overall I like the song, but I feel like this song needed more powerful vocals and voices. While Kun, Ten and Xiaojun did their best to bring the power, I think it still fell a bit short.
After midnight 10/10
This whole song suited WayV's voices SO well and it was just so well executed. I adore the dreamy city-night vibe. We already know how well this sound fits Ten from New Heroes, but all the other WayV members fit this SO well as well. I love it.
Only Human 10/10
This song gives me 2000s music vibes, for some reason it reminds me of Green Day. This kind of a dreamy or drowsy sound fits WayV's rapline PERFECTLY. It has this perfect balance between this apathetic drowsy feeling and the occasional stab of more intense emotions. The rap also sounds like they are just telling me a story and I Love it.
Domino 9/10
When the song started I had NO IDEA where it was going. I thought I was going to get bored with this song as well, but surprisingly the chorus tied it all together so well. Lucas's voice going "(I can feel it in my) bones" instantly made the song better. Without it the song would've been too.... samey?
Up from here 6/10
This songs bass is like teasing me. It is.... each bass note is so BRIEF. It can never just STAY (at least in the verses) but then comes the chorus and I get a satisfying BUMMMMM as well. I love that. I still wish the song was more fun. It has a bit of a cheeky vibe and I wish it embraced the cheekiness more. By the end it also got a bit too repetative and left me wishing for some more variation.
Electric Hearts 10/10
EVERYTHING about this is PERFECT! The buildup to the chorus is so epic and even though the drop is more of a soft drop it suits the song so well. The beat is interesting and varied with some quirk to it. I can just imagine bumping to this at a concert and just going absolutely wild dancing. I also love how the last chorus isn't the same as the rest of the song. + the HARMONIES in the last line "Heaven knows I'm falling, I can never be the same" are just... MWUAH
Stand By Me 8/10 (7/10 + 1 pt, bcs Disney channel vibes)
This is such a cheesy song. It feels like a Disney channel song and I love it. There isn't anything special to me, but it is the perfect song to end the album. It leaves the album off on a positive note and feels like a dot on the end of the album. The song itself isn't anything special though and Hendery's rap feels somehow off for me.
ALBUM OVERALL 9/10
The songs taken as they are don't imo deserve a 9/10 BUT... the album all together works so well as a unit. All the songs have a similar feel and vibe to them. I feel like I can always listen to the whole album without skipping a single song, bcs it doesn't fit my current mood. The Album is just pleasant overall to listen to, which makes it a 9/10 for me. Every song isn't perfect or a masterpiece, but in the context of the album they WORK and fit in.
It also overall seems like WayV have figured out the sound that fits them the most and I am really happy for that. This was the perfect album for WayV.
My favourite from the album is Electric Heart