We Didn't Start the Fire pt 4 (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,397
Reactions Received
151,408
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Like before, list what you recognize :uwu:

The lyrics this time:
Hemingway, Eichmann
Stranger in a Strange Land
Dylan, Berlin
Bay of Pigs invasion
Lawrence of Arabia
British Beatlemania
Ole Miss, John Glenn
Liston beats Patterson
Pope Paul, Malcolm X
British Politician sex
J.F.K. blown away
What else do I have to say?


Hemingway:
Eichmann:
Stranger in a Strange Land:
Dylan:
Berlin:
Bay of Pigs invasion:
Lawrence of Arabia:
British Beatlemania:
Ole Miss:
John Glenn:
Liston beats Patterson:
Pope Paul:
Malcolm X:
British Politician sex:
J.F.K. blown away:

Hemingway: An author, idk if this is when he died or what
Eichmann: Not familiar with the name either. But it sounds German
Stranger in a Strange Land: I think this was a book?
Dylan: Idk, sorry Dylan
Berlin: Also hard, lots of stuff happened in Berlin. Maybe it's referring to the standoff at Checkpoint Charlie?
Bay of Pigs invasion: The Bay of Pigs Invasion happened, and soured relations between the USSR and US again
Lawrence of Arabia: I don't remember, I just know a guy named Lawrence did stuff in the Middle East
British Beatlemania: Beatles get big
Ole Miss: Sounds familiar, but idk
John Glenn: I think he was an American astronaut? But I forget what he did differently from others to get his fame
Liston beats Patterson: Wrestling, all I know
Pope Paul: Don't remember once more
Malcolm X: He was a radical who fought for rights of colored people, but I don't remember what this mention is specifically about
British Politician sex: Sex scandal in British politics
J.F.K. blown away: JFK gets assassinated
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Malcom X - Civil rights activist
J.F.K. blown away - Shot in the head

That’s all I know :scree:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Ahsoka

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,184
Reactions Received
46,852
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
182,690
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Hemingway: Ernest, the poet
Dylan: Bob Dylan, right?
Berlin:
Iron Curtain was put up during WWII
Bay of Pigs invasion:
this rings a very faint bell - care to elaborate?
British Beatlemania:
my mom is a big Beatles fan and was definitely part of Beatlemania - people were going absolutely bonkers for them! it was like One Direction Infection, the prequel lol
Ole Miss:
college in MS
John Glenn:
this also rings a faint bell, but not sure about it
Liston beats Patterson:
either in a tennis match or a court case? I'm guessing the latter since this is a history song
Malcolm X:
civil rights activist
J.F.K. blown away:
his assassination

I'm surprised how many I remember! lol
 
  • Love
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,397
Reactions Received
151,408
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Hemingway: Ernest, the poet
Dylan: Bob Dylan, right?
Berlin: Iron Curtain was put up during WWII
Bay of Pigs invasion: this rings a very faint bell - care to elaborate?
British Beatlemania: my mom is a big Beatles fan and was definitely part of Beatlemania - people were going absolutely bonkers for them! it was like One Direction Infection, the prequel lol
Ole Miss: college in MS
John Glenn: this also rings a faint bell, but not sure about it
Liston beats Patterson: either in a tennis match or a court case? I'm guessing the latter since this is a history song
Malcolm X: civil rights activist
J.F.K. blown away: his assassination

I'm surprised how many I remember! lol
The iron curtain term was used only after WW2 :sanapray: And this verse I think refers to the 1960s at soonest, while the iron curtain speech was right after WW2. So it’s probably about an event later than that, could be the Berlin Wall going up too ig because I think that was early 60s? Maybe?

The Bay of Pigs invasion was an attempt to overthrow the new communist government there. It was instigated by Cuban exiles and strongly US backed. It became controversial because while the US scaled down their part to attempt to hide their contribution, everyone knew the US was largely behind it. It was a massive failure for the US, bad publicity, and pushed Cuba to become closer allies to the USSR, which helped lead to the Cuban missile crisis the next year.

Liston beating Patterson in pretty positive is some form of MMA. I don’t know more details about it though.
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,603
Reactions Received
43,662
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,477
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
The lyrics this time:
Hemingway, Eichmann
Stranger in a Strange Land
Dylan, Berlin
Bay of Pigs invasion
Lawrence of Arabia
British Beatlemania

Ole Miss, John Glenn
Liston beats Patterson
Pope Paul, Malcolm X
British Politician sex
J.F.K. blown away
What else do I have to say?
and that's why my favourite part of the song is the chorus :thumbs_up:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread