We tend to think of those who signed the US constitution and Declaration of Independence as the same people (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
But in reality, only 6 delegates signed both documents, with Benjamin Franklin likely being the only one of those whose name you may recognize. That means 50 delegates signed only the Declaration of Independence and 33 signed only the Constitution.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,180
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,696
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Americana so interesting
like a lana del ray song
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: Moguri and Ahsoka
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,129
Reactions Received
52,987
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
173,333
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
But in reality, only 6 delegates signed both documents, with Benjamin Franklin likely being the only one of those whose name you may recognize. That means 50 delegates signed only the Declaration of Independence and 33 signed only the Constitution.
Please I hope you get full mileage out of this topic by telling us in a separate new thread who were the 6(or excluding Ben Franklin, 5).

then pls maybe another thread articulating why there were 44 signers of the declaration & 26 signers of the Constitution who didnt sign both n why(if i wanted to dig into it faster id consult wikipedia/Google, LOL-so I'm totally serious about vikki creating as many threads on US constitution/declaration as needed/wanted. I only watched I do from national treasure movie anyways HaHaHa).
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Please I hope you get full mileage out of this topic by telling us in a separate new thread who were the 6(or excluding Ben Franklin, 5).

then pls maybe another thread articulating why there were 44 signers of the declaration & 26 signers of the Constitution who didnt sign both n why(if i wanted to dig into it faster id consult wikipedia/Google, LOL-so I'm totally serious about vikki creating as many threads on US constitution/declaration as needed/wanted. I only watched I do from national treasure movie anyways HaHaHa).
I’ll just list the other 5, since I don’t think that’s enough to make a thread on its own. But I will make a thread about who signed the two documents, and why some of them didn’t sign both :sanapray: The ones who signed both are Roger Sherman, George Clymer, Benjamin Franklin, Robert Morris, James Wilson, and George Read
 
  • Love
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread