- Joined
- 22 February 2019
- Messages
- 5,686
- Reactions Received
- 16,237
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Female
I had to convince people allergies (specifically food) were a real thing
So for some this might sound ridiculous but I bring it up because I had a class discussion a few semesters back where some classmates didn't believe that people had actual allergies. One of the arguments was on peanut allergies and they claimed that the rest of the world doesn't have peanut allergy problems like the US does and so they thought allergies were all psychological.
I found out later this was very very wrong and peanut allergies are the #1 worldwide but because people are more aware about it in the US there is a higher rate of diagnosis
For several reasons I thought that argument was pretty bull. 1) I have witnessed people who didn't know they were allergic to something react badly to it. 2) I know a lot of lactose intolerant people lol. 3) My mom works in the medical field and was dumbfounded people actually thought it was fake.
Another thing they brought up is that allergies could be eliminated if people were fed things they could be allergic to at a young age and develop a resistance. I feel like every lactose intolerant person I know has shown that even overtime if you expose yourself to something you are still not going to have a great reaction to it 😂. If your body doesn't agree with something you really don't want to attack your immune system with it.
Anyways what are your weird arguments?
So for some this might sound ridiculous but I bring it up because I had a class discussion a few semesters back where some classmates didn't believe that people had actual allergies. One of the arguments was on peanut allergies and they claimed that the rest of the world doesn't have peanut allergy problems like the US does and so they thought allergies were all psychological.
I found out later this was very very wrong and peanut allergies are the #1 worldwide but because people are more aware about it in the US there is a higher rate of diagnosis
For several reasons I thought that argument was pretty bull. 1) I have witnessed people who didn't know they were allergic to something react badly to it. 2) I know a lot of lactose intolerant people lol. 3) My mom works in the medical field and was dumbfounded people actually thought it was fake.
Another thing they brought up is that allergies could be eliminated if people were fed things they could be allergic to at a young age and develop a resistance. I feel like every lactose intolerant person I know has shown that even overtime if you expose yourself to something you are still not going to have a great reaction to it 😂. If your body doesn't agree with something you really don't want to attack your immune system with it.
Anyways what are your weird arguments?