Solo Wendy Red velvet Thread (20 Viewers)

Is Wendy your bias?


  • Total voters
    30
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,091
Reactions Received
52,961
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,576
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male

[When:D] Autumn Fairy, Human Autumn, Wani, please love them all very much🤎 GQ Korea Photoshoot Behind
 
  • Love
Reactions: dnb

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
I just got back from W:ealive in Brooklyn. What a concert.

When Wendy sings in a group, the volume from her microphone sounds attenuated to me, presumably so her vocal intensity gets set to the same level as the other singers. At her solo concert her mike was not turned down and we got the full force of her vocals. That voice is a force of nature.

Remember her performance of "I Have Nothing" in Lee Mujin's show? Many of the numbers in her concert had that level of intensity. She performed When This Rain Stops and Believe back-to-back -- a combination that I did not think was possible live. I've heard some vocal powerhouses in person (Ariana Grande, Linda Ronstadt) and Wendy is right up there with them.

The format of the concert was different from the usual Kpop format. There was a very good live band and just a small amount of backing vocals. There were no backup dancers. There were no videos played during the intermissions. During the first intermission the band played a very good bluesy number. And unlike Kpop concerts, they did not try to replicate the performances on the CDs. Lots of times Wendy would stretch out a note or a phrase, and the band stayed in sync. Some of the songs had extended intros; Why Can't You Love Me got a bit of a pop-reggae treatment.

Wendy was nervous but chatty. I suspect she memorized a lot of what she was going to say early on, but she interacted with the audience and had many spontaneous exchanges later in the evening. There were of course a lot of Red Velvet fans in the audience. She asked how many people had attended Redmare in 2019 (they came to NJ) and I'm guessing at least half of the audience raised their hands.

All in all it was a great concert. Well worth the 4+ hour drive (each way) that I had to make.
 
  • Love
Reactions: kimsguardian

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread