What anime do you feel nostalgic about? (2 Viewers)

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
3,762
Reactions Received
13,488
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Bana
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
I remember FMA being too shocking and bit scary as kid when it came on tv, i guess i was bit of scaredy cat (well i still hate horror films to this day so maybe i'm still). I did come around and read the manga instead that i ended up loving it, watched original FMA later- prefer manga and it's ending :P Haven't still seen FMAB though.
I highly recommend watching FMAB if you prefer the manga ending, since it follows the manga more closely. It is actually my all time favorite anime to this day!
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fruits Basket! I'm really looking forward to the reboot that will be released this year! :llama_uwu:
Have you read manga? It's one of my favorites, and i heard rumors how the anime was going to cover whole manga and story this time around.. i hope it's true.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I highly recommend watching FMAB if you prefer the manga ending, since it follows the manga more closely. It is actually my all time favorite anime to this day!
I have to see if i get back into it, i have heard lot of good things about it ^^
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
385
Reactions Received
1,411
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Have you read manga? It's one of my favorites, and i heard rumors how the anime was going to cover whole manga and story this time around.. i hope it's true.
I haven't, but I want to. I think I'll try to read it before the reboot! It would be great if it covered the whole manga. Do you know if the original anime follows the exact story of the manga? I can't remember if they changed the ending or if I'm mixing it up with something else.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I haven't, but I want to. I think I'll try to read it before the reboot! It would be great if it covered the whole manga. Do you know if the original anime follows the exact story of the manga? I can't remember if they changed the ending or if I'm mixing it up with something else.
I can't remember that well, it has been time since then, but i think the anime doesn't cover whole story, it's lot shorter than the manga.

I actually went and looked what people said on webs and they say the anime ended around 8 volume of manga and there is 23 volumes in total. Personally i remember preferring the manga a lot over the anime, but maybe that's cause i read it first and then went to anime so it was there for comparison..
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
And it's still ongoing.. i think they have passed 1000 ep mark already?

Case closed or Detective Conan how i know it was actually first manga i read. That and Dragon Ball ^^
I remember that when I was a kid I got to ep 330 and then gave up cause I couldn't find any more episodes with German subtitles (I didn't know English back then), but nice to see that it's still going strong! ^-^ I should start watching it again >.<
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I remember that when I was a kid I got to ep 330 and then gave up cause I couldn't find any more episodes with German subtitles (I didn't know English back then), but nice to see that it's still going strong! ^-^ I should start watching it again >.<
It's has too many eps for me to get into, but i have been wondering if i should watch the movies.. i think there is quite many of those too ^^;
 
  • Like
Reactions: Panda
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
385
Reactions Received
1,411
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I can't remember that well, it has been time since then, but i think the anime doesn't cover whole story, it's lot shorter than the manga.

I actually went and looked what people said on webs and they say the anime ended around 8 volume of manga and there is 23 volumes in total. Personally i remember preferring the manga a lot over the anime, but maybe that's cause i read it first and then went to anime so it was there for comparison..
Ahh I see. They ended the anime at quite an early point then. Fingers crossed those rumours are true then! I'm gonna have to fight my short attention span (:yolk:) so I can read the whole thing now.

Tbh in general I think it's good to read the manga before watching its anime because a lot of the time the anime misses out some details. I don't know if you've seen A Silent Voice, but I read the manga first and I prefer it over the movie. Sometimes it's just like that ^^
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ahh I see. They ended the anime at quite an early point then. Fingers crossed those rumours are true then! I'm gonna have to fight my short attention span (:yolk:) so I can read the whole thing now.

Tbh in general I think it's good to read the manga before watching its anime because a lot of the time the anime misses out some details. I don't know if you've seen A Silent Voice, but I read the manga first and I prefer it over the movie. Sometimes it's just like that ^^
Hm, i think i actually prefer anime first and if i get really into story I will usually pick manga then, it's good especially for animes that don't cover whole manga ^^

I haven't yet seen A Silent Voice, but it's on my list :)
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Outlaw Star, Love Hina & Gundam Wing. Probably the first 3 animes I truly got into. Followed by Trigun/Cowboy Bebop
You got the cool ones, when rest of us are just about shonen trash xd
(and bit of shoujo on side)
 
  • Like
Reactions: ListenToBadMusic
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
176
Reactions Received
880
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
You got the cool ones, when rest of us are just about shonen trash xd
(and bit of shoujo on side)

haha, it's more about time period growing up. Dating myself a bit here, but Outlaw Star & Gundam Wing were on TV when I'd get home from school (along with DBZ, Tenchi Muyo). Those two really got me into it. Naruto/Bleach/etc weren't on tv at that point (or even started maybe? idk when they began).
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
I was nostalgic about Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin for a short period of time, but then after attempting to rewatch it, I was like....yeah, no. Lol, they're not terrible, but...they were definitely shows I enjoyed more when I was a child.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread