What Are Your Opinions on Backup Dancers? (2 Viewers)

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
I frankly don't care for them and especially in MVs.
It can appear to be overwhelming. During live performances too.
I don't like how they sometimes outnumber the group members 5 to 20.
:/ It works better for single artists in my opinion.
​
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I like backup dancers enough. I think for larger groups they are a bit overwhelming. When I first saw Black On Black NCT live performance with backup dancers, I was unsure which was a member and which was a backup. My sister even thought NCT had 30 members.
 

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
3,762
Reactions Received
13,488
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Bana
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
I only really like them for solo artists. For bigger stages though, like on award shows for example, I think groups with less than 8 or so members should have backup dancers. Like, when TXT performed at an end of the year show (can't remember which one) they didn't have any backup dancers, and the big stage with a small amount of members made it look empty.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Once there was this really hot sunmi backup dancer I approve of him and him only
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It depends on the group. some smaller groups benefit from having backup dancers
 
  • Like
Reactions: kinnie

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread