What books did/do you have to read in school? (1 Viewer)

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,149
Reactions Received
46,812
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
180,403
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
and how did/do you like them?

Too many to count for me, but my most memorable (and favorite!) one was Romeo & Juliet in ninth grade.
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Let's see

I liked: Forged By Fire, Number the Stars, Othello, Antigone

I disliked: White Fang, Lord of the Flies, anything by Edgar Allan Poe, The Cider House Rules
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I don’t remember any of them :jisoosmh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I had to read a lot (these are just the ones I remember there were probably more):
Fahrenheit 451
The Pearl
And Then There Were None
The Outsiders
Island of The Blue Dolphins
Romeo and Juliet
Antigone
All My Sons
The Catcher In The Rye
Beowulf
The Red Glass
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Some became some of my favorite books, some I don't remember anything about, and some I remember not liking.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Magician

girl in the bubble ☆
.
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
29,345
Reactions Received
36,273
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
66,410
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
We had to read quite a few books, but some of my favourites were Antonement by Ian McEwan, Emma by Jane Austen and The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
We read Romeo and Juliet too, I think it was hilarious. When we had to write essay about it I wrote how it should be regarded as comedy rather than romantic tragedy.

Then we read bunch of Finnish books. The Unknown Soldier (I cheated with my friends and just watched movie instead) and The Seven Brothers to name most famous ones.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Way too many shakespeare plays to list out. I typically like shakespeare's stories and humor, but I can't stand reading old english.

The main two books I remember reading and enjoyed were The Help and The Glass Castle. They were probably considered easier since I took an easier english class senior year since I just could not be bothered to do another AP class. But these books were probably the most interesting ones I've read throughout my entire academic career.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread