What do you guys think about this upcoming rookie group? (1 Viewer)

Joined
16 February 2020
Messages
462
Reactions Received
1,176
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female

found this article and is just wondering, do you think this would work or nah. There is more foreign members than Korean members here, it might be good for international popularity though 🤔
 
Joined
16 February 2020
Messages
462
Reactions Received
1,176
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
actually there is 3 non-Korean members but one of the two Koreans is mixed :jisoosmh:
And the half Korean member likely grew up in America as the article suggested, idk if that is a good thing,but I can only hope that they all know Korean or else the line distribution is going to be a super mess.
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
And the half Korean member likely grew up in America as the article suggested, idk if there is a good thing,but I can only hope that they all know Korean or else the line distribution is going to be a super mess.
I am curious to see how it will go
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Saw them yesterday. I love the name but ehh
I don't stan groups just because they have a white or black member.
I feel like a lot of companies use it to "gain" more international fans.
It's has been proven time and time again that the Kpop scene isn't ready for non-Asian members YET.
I feel like we should wait until SEA members are more respected in kpop.
So I don't get why companies are pushing it
 
Joined
16 February 2020
Messages
462
Reactions Received
1,176
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I am curious to see how it will go
Yeah this year is an interesting year
Saw them yesterday. I love the name but ehh
I don't stan groups just because they have a white or black member.
I feel like a lot of companies use it to "gain" more international fans.
It's has been proven time and time again that the Kpop scene isn't ready for non-Asian members YET.
I feel like we should wait until SEA members are more respected in kpop.
So I don't get why companies are pushing it
This is something I see occuring more often in smaller or nugu companies. It's quite easy to get attention by having articles talking about being the first non asian or Mexican and Italian kpop idol in this case. I also remember a time when a nugu company debuted a Malaysian idol but nobody cares about that,they would talk about the non asian ones because they stand out more.
 

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
Saw them yesterday. I love the name but ehh
I don't stan groups just because they have a white or black member.
I feel like a lot of companies use it to "gain" more international fans.
It's has been proven time and time again that the Kpop scene isn't ready for non-Asian members YET.
I feel like we should wait until SEA members are more respected in kpop.
So I don't get why companies are pushing it
Agreed. K-Pop is hitting its peak and it's not quite ready for international members.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Usually groups that go with non-asian members tend to be more .. nugu and usually jus having non-asian members isn't enough to make them famous so they groups tend to disappear quite soon. I feel like it's mostly gimmick that nugu companies try to use to gain some attention, but attention that comes from gimmick isn't usually enough.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Shimmer

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah this year is an interesting year

This is something I see occuring more often in smaller or nugu companies. It's quite easy to get attention by having articles talking about being the first non asian or Mexican and Italian kpop idol in this case. I also remember a time when a nugu company debuted a Malaysian idol but nobody cares about that,they would talk about the non asian ones because they stand out more.
There are so many groups now with non-Asians and the only one who really got news was the Lana chick (solo) and the girl of Oh My Jewel. After the news, the hype dies down. So many people were going to stan Z Girls but I haven't seen a single fan of them
 
Joined
16 February 2020
Messages
462
Reactions Received
1,176
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
There are so many groups now with non-Asians and the only one who really got news was the Lana chick (solo) and the girl of Oh My Jewel. After the news, the hype dies down. So many people were going to stan Z Girls but I haven't seen a single fan of them
I did check out z girls and they are quite talented, and they do have fans,it's just that their fans don't consider themselves as kpop fans they consider themselves as z pop fans. Also while we are on the topic of z girls the people behind z girls were apparently behind groups like bts,2NE1 etc. With these connections I am starting to come to the conclusion that these people were probably the non important ones who were part of creating these groups or just crap at promoting groups.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,398
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
I can't say I'm excited, if the only thing they have is being multi-national... i really don't care. I need something to musically impress me for it to actually be important. Like yea... you're Spanish and Italian... good job, now show me why I should care.

And in general just having that doesn't help a group in any way, they won't be a lot more popular internationally and Koreans definitely won't be happy about it so... Just seems like another bust group to me.

Love how the article mentions some other international idols... they just forgot to mention that none of them actually made a big impact on anything...

AleXa is actually the best I've seen but she's also half-Korean and mega talented so... not hating on the group, but I'm not excited in the slightest
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Shimmer

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
pretty meh
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread