- Joined
- 22 November 2018
- Messages
- 7,026
- Reactions Received
- 27,656
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Fandom
- EXO-L & My
- Gender
- Female
- Ship
I was just going through twitter and found some new updates about a bunch of idols being case as leads in upcoming series/movies. For example:
Infinite L in 'New Secret Royal Inspector'
Gugudan Sejeong in 'A Phenomenal Rumor'
EXO Sehun in 'Pirates 2'
Honestly, I personally don't have a problem with it if the idols are actually GOOD. And what way to determine whether they're good or not by seeing them in smaller roles? I really wish they would start off with side roles or web dramas to practice before jumping into lead roles. I just don't understand what the hurry is. Honestly, I can count on one hand the number of idols that are actually good at acting but for some reason, all these terrible idol-actors just keep getting lead roles and I seriously don't understand why. The irony is that all the good idol actors end up starting with smaller side-roles or web-dramas and build their way up to main leads (or never even get main leads like SF9 Chani who is excellent). Whereas on the other hand, the idols that absolutely suck go straight into a lead role and then after that they just continue to get lead after lead. It can't be to gain attention since most shows with idols as leads flop so why do directors keep casting them?
So in my opinion, if they have proven themselves and they're actually good at acting, then by all means go ahead and play lead roles. But I really wish idols who suck would just either stick to smaller side roles if they're really dying to act or just give the opportunity to aspiring actors. I feel bad for all the talents that lose their opportunities to bad idol actors. It just seems so unfair. They really need to stick to their own jobs.
Infinite L in 'New Secret Royal Inspector'
Gugudan Sejeong in 'A Phenomenal Rumor'
EXO Sehun in 'Pirates 2'
Honestly, I personally don't have a problem with it if the idols are actually GOOD. And what way to determine whether they're good or not by seeing them in smaller roles? I really wish they would start off with side roles or web dramas to practice before jumping into lead roles. I just don't understand what the hurry is. Honestly, I can count on one hand the number of idols that are actually good at acting but for some reason, all these terrible idol-actors just keep getting lead roles and I seriously don't understand why. The irony is that all the good idol actors end up starting with smaller side-roles or web-dramas and build their way up to main leads (or never even get main leads like SF9 Chani who is excellent). Whereas on the other hand, the idols that absolutely suck go straight into a lead role and then after that they just continue to get lead after lead. It can't be to gain attention since most shows with idols as leads flop so why do directors keep casting them?
So in my opinion, if they have proven themselves and they're actually good at acting, then by all means go ahead and play lead roles. But I really wish idols who suck would just either stick to smaller side roles if they're really dying to act or just give the opportunity to aspiring actors. I feel bad for all the talents that lose their opportunities to bad idol actors. It just seems so unfair. They really need to stick to their own jobs.