- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,387
- Reactions Received
- 151,400
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,595
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
This thread:
kpopsource.com
It’s an easy answer. I went on a trail with a few people. At the end, one of us noticed a tick on them. Pulled it off. Then they saw another. So we started checking ourselves all over. In total, I found more than 20 ticks on myself alone, let alone between all of us. It was a nightmare. They all visually looked like deer ticks, aka the small ticks here that can spread Lyme disease, and it’s estimated that about 40%-50% of deer ticks here carry the bacteria that gives people Lyme. Amazing right? Now, a waiting game to see if I’ll get Lyme disease for a third time.
I enjoyed part of this outing, but definitely not that. I’m still freaking out whenever I feel like I sense any bump or tickle or anything, just in case it’s a tick that hitched a ride in my hair or something (I did take a shower and wash my hair twice as soon as I could though). I will never return to that trail. I’ll probably go back and look at the museum though, that I can visit more than once for sure.
Nowhere is safe - K-Pop Source — Keeping the K-Pop Forum Spirit Alive
At least not on land :teatea: Im about to share a very not fun fact. Did you know that ticks can be found on every continent, including Antarctica? In Antarctica, they can be found mostly on penguin species. They aren’t native, but they hitch a ride when penguins migrate. Luckily the ocean is...
kpopsource.com
It’s an easy answer. I went on a trail with a few people. At the end, one of us noticed a tick on them. Pulled it off. Then they saw another. So we started checking ourselves all over. In total, I found more than 20 ticks on myself alone, let alone between all of us. It was a nightmare. They all visually looked like deer ticks, aka the small ticks here that can spread Lyme disease, and it’s estimated that about 40%-50% of deer ticks here carry the bacteria that gives people Lyme. Amazing right? Now, a waiting game to see if I’ll get Lyme disease for a third time.