What is it like to be beautiful? (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I feel like I am pretty enough and would be REALLY pretty if I bothered to put in the effort (like doing makeup, actually taking care of hair, picking outfits better etc)

I think it's nice, but it also has its downsides (like dudes hitting on you unwantedly and won't leave you tf alone)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Hopefully no one is talking to me about finding a boyfriend or whatever :haylul:
Otherwise I’d kill them
if i was to kill everyone asking me about getting a boyfriend i'd be in a secluded prison not on a kpop forum :yolk:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Willow

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
that´s because you don´t have to :D, but I understand.
Well you don't get anywhere thinking about your looks as you either like the way you look or you don't but your own opinion of your looks doesn't matter in my opinion as you aren't trying to date yourself so I don't think about for that reason and when asked I go by what others say about my looks the most which is cute.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
i mean im not ugly but im not conventionally pretty. I'm just me. If i tried maybe i'd be pretty but I'm just to damn lazy. itd be more nice to believe you're pretty than to be pretty in itself, cus really ,what is pretty except your own definition of it?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and brekker
D

Deleted member 74

One of my sisters is undeniably pretty and knows it, I know what it's like just by watching her, she gets compliments and people coming up for her phone number all the time, automatically liked because of her looks, and in return she loves being around people because from her side and others, she's comfortable with her looks, which helps a lot. I'm sure deep down she knows how shallow it all is, but who wouldn't be satisfied knowing people adore you for your looks, right?

Hmm and for me, I've had this thought in my head and struggled with it since I was 7, I was that girl in the class who would always get rejected in those marry/reject/kiss type kid games. Guys would be awkward and pity me, and girls would laugh, I would just nod and accept it back then since I knew how I looked, and as I grew older, I got made fun of and mocked a lot for my looks, disliked simply because of how I looked before anything else. My problem with myself was more my personality than anything, but I used to want to put a garbage bag over my head when I went out because of the sense that the eyes of people were on my looks, but I think you can still feel beautiful even if people call you ugly, and I think you shouldn't pity yourself, how you look is what it is and if you accept it and feel comfortable being around other people even if you aren't "society standard" pretty, you'll glow from the inside out. Feeling beautiful or ugly are both illusions that can wreck you, so instead of thinking that, I think just accepting the way you look and minimising its significance to your own self matters the most. If I can't be a society standard pretty face, I can have a pretty aura type mindset.

I literally wrote an essay but yeah :') Don't feel discouraged op, I'm sure you have beautiful features you're just not aware of :pepeheart:
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Willow and brekker
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Pretty privilege is a real thing. Lighter prison sentences, hired more often, better grades, perceived as smarter, etc etc
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Willow and brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
i mean im not ugly but im not conventionally pretty. I'm just me. If i tried maybe i'd be pretty but I'm just to damn lazy. itd be more nice to believe you're pretty than to be pretty in itself, cus really ,what is pretty except your own definition of it?
that´s not what I was looking for at all. I think people took my question a bit wrongly. I understand that not everyone is beautiful and how you should believe you are because confidence and self-love and all that yadada trendy thing to say. but my question was also about the practical part of being beautiful - does it give you benefits? what does it feel like when people give you attention? what does it feel like to have every wo/man wrapped around your finger? and now I don´t mean sexually at all, but like "oh the beautiful girls who played princesses in all school plays" and the teachers loved them because they were sooooo cute. Does it feel shallow? or does it feel like you feel "so they love me for my looks but not for who I´m".
 
  • Like
Reactions: daesuki
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
One of my sisters is undeniably pretty and knows it, I know what it's like just by watching her, she gets compliments and people coming up for her phone number all the time, automatically liked because of her looks, and in return she loves being around people because from her side and others, she's comfortable with her looks, which helps a lot. I'm sure deep down she knows how shallow it all is, but who wouldn't be satisfied knowing people adore you for your looks, right?

Hmm and for me, I've had this thought in my head and struggled with it since I was 7, I was that girl in the class who would always get rejected in those marry/reject/kiss type kid games. Guys would be awkward and pity me, and girls would laugh, I would just nod and accept it back then since I knew how I looked, and as I grew older, I got made fun of and mocked a lot for my looks, disliked simply because of how I looked before anything else. My problem with myself was more my personality than anything, but I used to want to put a garbage bag over my head when I went out because of the sense that the eyes of people were on my looks, but I think you can still feel beautiful even if people call you ugly, and I think you shouldn't pity yourself, how you look is what it is and if you accept it and feel comfortable being around other people even if you aren't "society standard" pretty, you'll glow from the inside out. Feeling beautiful or ugly are both illusions that can wreck you, so instead of thinking that, I think just accepting the way you look and minimising its significance to your own self matters the most. If I can't be a society standard pretty face, I can have a pretty aura type mindset.

I literally wrote an essay but yeah :') Don't feel discouraged op, I'm sure you have beautiful features you're just not aware of :pepeheart:
your story sounds similar to mine aha :D. it´s not that I´m uncomfortable around people, but they are uncomfortable around me. I understand how my looks scare them so I would rather avoid being around them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted member 74

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
that´s not what I was looking for at all. I think people took my question a bit wrongly. I understand that not everyone is beautiful and how you should believe you are because confidence and self-love and all that yadada trendy thing to say. but my question was also about the practical part of being beautiful - does it give you benefits? what does it feel like when people give you attention? what does it feel like to have every wo/man wrapped around your finger? and now I don´t mean sexually at all, but like "oh the beautiful girls who played princesses in all school plays" and the teachers loved them because they were sooooo cute. Does it feel shallow? or does it feel like you feel "so they love me for my looks but not for who I´m".
i mean yeah I suppose that makes sense

i wasn't a beautiful girl, but I did have a cuteness factor which probably applied. It did and does feel like people only like you because you're cute/beautiful and that's ur only redeeming quality or whatever, it probably does give you an edge like people won't say no as easily but there's probably downfalls to it. i hope that's what you were looking for
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Willow and brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
i mean yeah I suppose that makes sense

i wasn't a beautiful girl, but I did have a cuteness factor which probably applied. It did and does feel like people only like you because you're cute/beautiful and that's ur only redeeming quality or whatever, it probably does give you an edge like people won't say no as easily but there's probably downfalls to it. i hope that's what you were looking for
yeah, I mean, your answer before was just as valid. I hope I wasn´t rude or anything. I have just always wondered whether people KNOW they are liked for their looks and just choose to avoid it. I mean, on the other hand .... at least you are liked for something?
and from your picture that I had seen, you are definitely far from "just cute" you are really pretty and the glasses ... you know what they say INTELLIGENT.
 
  • Love
Reactions: daesuki

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
yeah, I mean, your answer before was just as valid. I hope I wasn´t rude or anything. I have just always wondered whether people KNOW they are liked for their looks and just choose to avoid it. I mean, on the other hand .... at least you are liked for something?
and from your picture that I had seen, you are definitely far from "just cute" you are really pretty and the glasses ... you know what they say INTELLIGENT.
hahaa yeah it was my bad I didn't quite get the question at first haha

but yeah honestly I think it's pretty easy to know whether you're pretty (conventionally) but you can't say yeah I am pretty or ur stuck up, but if you disagree you're too modest and fishing. At least you're liked for something, that is true, even if it can feel shallow at times haha.

and thank you! :)) i appreciate that <33
 
D

Deleted member 74

your story sounds similar to mine aha :D. it´s not that I´m uncomfortable around people, but they are uncomfortable around me. I understand how my looks scare them so I would rather avoid being around them.
For me it was both that they felt uncomfortable and I felt uncomfortable, but after a while I got over it and they did too. Even if they're uncomfortable, let them be. For how much shallow fuss people make over these things, they get over it just as quickly really.

But still, I get that the question of what it's like to be beautiful can't be helped, because it brings so much benefits and would make all those unnecessary memories nonexistent in the first place c: Like my sister, I'm sure she's glad she's pretty and doesn't have to deal with it
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker
Joined
24 March 2021
Messages
1,755
Reactions Received
999
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I am genuinely interested because well, it´s not like I´ll ever get that experience. As Charlotte Bronte, the author of Jane Eyre, one of the best British novels once said ,i´d give up all my intelligence (ok, fair enough, I´m not very intelligent so there is not much to give :D, but you get my point) to be beautiful.
people
- give money easily
- give present easily
- give attention easily
- give help easily

but u will get harassed by crazy ppl but not a big deal for me since i wear mask everyday :llama_tea:
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread