What is it like to experience sleep paralysis? (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I never experience it myself, but I heard about it from friends and certain youtube. For those that have tell me your experience and if you had any scary experience.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
It's very cool imo

The only problem is when you want to come back and need to do more than a few attempts

Or when you fall from bed trying, which happened a lot when I was a kid xD
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
It's freaky. I experienced it for the first time a few months ago. I couldn't move my arms and legs and I couldn't open my eyes or mouth. It also felt like there was someone was about to get me too. I've also heard really loud music or some other loud noise that was cutting in and out when I was dealing with it. That's the best way I can describe it. :/
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
It's freaky. I experienced it for the first time a few months ago. I couldn't move my arms and legs and I couldn't open my eyes or mouth. It also felt like there was someone was about to get me too. I've also heard really loud music or some other loud noise that was cutting in and out when I was dealing with it. That's the best way I can describe it. :/
omg this sounds really scary :umjicry: I don't want something like this
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and lexus
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,782
Reactions Received
6,809
Location
StarlightGalaxy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Horrible. I've experienced it quite a few times. You really can't move your arms and legs no matter how hard you try and for some reason, it feels like you're in some kind of danger even though there's nobody else in the room but you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
omg this sounds really scary :umjicry: I don't want something like this
It is scary. I think mine was mostly caused by being extremely stressed out. Hopefully you don't have to experience it. :umjicry:
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
It is scary. I think mine was mostly caused by being extremely stressed out. Hopefully you don't have to experience it. :umjicry:
damn, stress caused? I'm stressed af so hopefully it will not happen to me :umjicry:
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
damn, stress caused? I'm stressed af so hopefully it will not happen to me :umjicry:
I'll admit that the times I had sleep paralysis were also the days I had a huge emotional breakdown beforehand. So I think that's something that triggered it. :umjicry:
 
  • Sad
Reactions: bulletproof

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I'll admit that the times I had sleep paralysis were also the days I had a huge emotional breakdown beforehand. So I think that's something that triggered it. :umjicry:
oof hopefully you won't experience it again
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I’ve had it quite a few times. It’s always scary, but I’ve learnt to stay calm.

What is even scarier is if you start to have it as you’re going to sleep, that is horrible.
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp


Your mind is fully awake, so you can think freely. But you can't move unless you try to jerk your head as hard as you can.

I usually get it when my nose is in my pillow, so I panic first but realize that I'm breathing just fine. And sometimes I just wait until I feel it's dying off to jerk my head.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread