what is your biggest problem with kpop? (1 Viewer)

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Poor treatment for trainees and idols + the pressure to be a certain weight. There are adult female idols who weight less than me and I'm underweight which just shows how thin people want these idols to be. Even if they are encouraged to gain weight in the future, they're so used to losing weight for every comeback, they can't help but lose even more weight and it develops into an eating disorder.

The trauma that idols and trainees face is unimaginable.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
yup i can't stand when its overused. maybe its because I grew up in america where celebrities are a majority of the times so serious when performing, even when their minors but I don't really see the appeal of it? I've heard its a cultural thing but even then, i don't see how anyone would like to act like they're 5 all the time when they're well into their 20s.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
- The lack of creativity. It seems like groups are copying or recycling themselves nowadays.
- The super toxic fandom culture, the pseudo-intellectuals that get offended for others, the fake sjw...
- companies exploiting the hell out of idols and not giving them the basic amount of respect or money they deserve.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
also, I'm gonna add something, why are kpop performance dvds always so low quality, I don't know the exact specs of the videos but I've heard that they're 480p because they're on dvds? like that's crazy, can kpop companies in the future please make them more high quality, if I'm gonna pay $60+ on a dvd of my faves performing then it better be at least 1080p...

also please leave the vocals alone on the dvds, stop adding extra reverb or backtracks, I just want to hear raw vocals...
 

Baechu

레드벨벳
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,802
Reactions Received
44,544
Location
KWANGYA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
Toxic fan, toxicity in general

I will never understand why people have to bash groups or idols for their music. If it isn‘t your music taste then why do you have to complain or bash the group/idol for that. Work and effort should be appreciated nonetheless. A "it‘s not my type of music" or "i don‘t like their music" would be fine. Hating the idols just based on their music is pathetic. Same goes for hating on idols for their personality. Changing "hate" to "dislike" isn‘t that hard, right.
 

Kimono

Woo Woo Wa Baby
.
Joined
13 August 2019
Messages
940
Reactions Received
1,770
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Rap verses, lack of private lives without scrutiny, seemingly no support for mental health, groups which release one song and then you never hear from them again, plastic surgery to look appealing (makes me sad), silly band names which are just insane, songs which aren’t on Spotify (want the whole discography), too many groups I honestly don’t think I’ve listened to them all, need to have random English verses in songs, forced sexual MV’s, change of musical direction (miss old Gfriend).
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Unhealthy diets/beauty standards

Sasaengs/antis behavior

Mistreatements by companies

The pettiness and jealousy between fans

Sexual concept who are forced
Double standards about male and female idols. 99% of the time female idols are disadvantaged one way or another but I also want to talk about the fact that male idols are sexualized as much as female idols and nobody say anything. Everyone is craving to see their bias shirtless but let’s imagine what would be the reaction if a fan said about his/her female bias : I am here to see some boobs and butt.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
There are many, many things but the two that always come to mind first is the mistreatment of idols and trainees. Then the sexualization of minors or forcing idols to do concepts, dances or even wear something they’re not comfortable in.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
- Fans pretending every song by their biases is a bop, it's okay to admit your faves can have hits and misses. You love them despite that.

- The excessive fanservice idols have to do.

- Poor treatment of idols/trainees and the fact that it's normalized. You actually see some people criticizing some groups who had it "easy" in their trainee days compared to previous idols, why :taeminface:

- The overuse of Western music trends, and especially once they've already gotten old in the West. The tropical house craze in recent times is a perfect example of that.

- Marketing the boys and girls as objects of romantic fantasy to the fans. It's what makes the most money, but leads to so much toxicity, mental health issues and fan entitlement. The companies promote this knowingly.


Other issues I don't have a problem with. I can accept companies choosing a concept/sound for the group and even idols lipsyncing on music shows as long as they sing live at concerts.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
- forcing raps/ forcing idols to be a rapper for the group despite that person not having any passion for rap

-too sexualized - I love sexy concpets ala AOA. They love what they have done so I am ok with that. But there are groups forced into over the top sexy and the members aren’t comfortable with that. I really hate that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread