What is your favourite type of character/s? (4 Viewers)

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

What is your favourite type of character from Film/TV, Video Games and/or Books?

There are usually three types of characters I'm personally quite fond of, whether they are in a film, video games or books.

The Glass-Cannon

Glass-Cannon characters hit hard, but get hit just as hard. Be it physical or emotional, these characters tend to give all they have are a damn good at what they do, but are often weak minded or physically inept in someway they can be a burden.

One of my favourite Glass-Cannon characters in Film (also Book)

Boromir
(Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring)


Boromir has a warrior's heart, his fighting skill is impressive. He is a steadfast and loyal lord of Gondor. He loves his country and will do anything to defend it, even from the darkest evil. But that same evil so easily sways him, making him very weak of mind and is/was the biggest burden of the fellowship.

Temptation - ChristianityinLOTR

____

The Fragile One

Fragile characters are usually the characters in a story that need saving the most or are so burdened they are seemingly in a weakened state (physically or emotionally). They are portrayed as lacking any type of decent skill or requirements to get certain things done. Yet they can often be the characters we root for the most. They may even surprise us, as they slowly begin to gain confidence and skill to become less burdened by their fragile nature.

One of my favourite Fragile characters in Books (also Film)

Dobby
(
first seen in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)

Dobby the House Elf is so intent on saving/warning Harry Potter from his own master, it places him in a very fragile state as he can't quite save/warn Harry in the way he wants. This is due the house-elf's magical bond and loyalty to their master. In his attempts to help Harry, he hinders Harry at times instead, placing Dobby in more of a fragile state of sorrow.

Harry Potter Dobby - 960x540 Wallpaper - teahub.io

_____

The
Guardian

Often a protagonist of the story or a character that protects and guides the protagonist, a Guardian character rises to the challenges that faces them. They are the ones that are steadfast in their quest and will stop at nothing to achieve their goal, which is usually along the lines of saving their world.

One of my favourite Guardian characters in Video Games

Ezio Auditore da Firenze
(
first seen in Assassin's Creed: 2)

Ezio Auditore is an Assassin. His learns of his fate and the threat the world is under following the death of his father and brother (also Assassins). His duty becomes that of protecting the world from a dark Order that seeks to enslave the world. This dark Order is guided by a powerful being from an ancient civilization, and together, they believe they are serving the better good of the world by enslaving it. The Assassins, lead by Ezio during the Italian Renaissance, follow a Creed (Brotherhood) that spans the ages of time, and they fight, often in the shadows, against their enemy with the goal of saving the world.

Ezio Auditore (Assassin's creed 2) by EyesRain on DeviantArt

_____

​
 
Last edited:

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Last edited:

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I just woke up and I'm not 100% sure that I understand the first type, but I guess I prefer the guardian. What about you?
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I just woke up and I'm not 100% sure that I understand the first type, but I guess I prefer the guardian. What about you?
The first type "Glass-Cannon" is usually identifying a character that is equally as strong as they are weak (physically or emotionally). They basically hit hard, but can break easily. :)

Your favourite type of character doesn't have to be chosen from the three types I've stated btw lol. Tell me your favourite book, film/tv show or video game and who your favourite character is from it.
:pikahappy:
 
  • Love
Reactions: bulletproof

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
  • Love
Reactions: Willow

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
The third movie :sakUwu: Idk how it is called in English
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban? That's the third HP movie :).

Which is you fave character from it? Other than Dobby lol ;)
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
The first type "Glass-Cannon" is usually identifying a character that is equally as strong as they are weak (physically or emotionally). They basically hit hard, but can break easily. :)

Your favourite type of character doesn't have to be chosen from the three types I've stated btw lol. Tell me your favourite book, film/tv show or video game and who your favourite character is from it.
:pikahappy:
Oooh I see. It's interesting :sanapray:
I don't think I have an all times favorite character anymore:nekosweat: I'm watching movies and series, but I didn't pick a favorite lately
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: OnlyCalB and Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban? That's the third HP movie :).

Which is you fave character from it? Other than Dobby lol ;)
Isn’t that Neville? :mgblush: Also Sirius Black
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Oooh I see. It's interesting :sanapray:
I don't think I have an all times favorite character anymore:nekosweat: I'm watching movies and series, but I didn't pick a favorite lately
Fair enough :).

What TV series are you watching? I'm just getting into Designated Survivor.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bulletproof

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Isn’t that Neville? :mgblush: Also Sirius Black
Neville Longbottom. He's cool for sure. I'd say he is a Fragile character, until the later books/films where he finally really finds his courage.

Sirius Black is one of my faves from Azkaban, along with Lupin. Sirius is for the most part deemed the mysterious yet crazy villain, until he turns out to be a Guardian of Harry's. In more ways than one :)
:maheart:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Neville Longbottom. He's cool for sure. I'd say he is a Fragile character, until the later books/films where he finally really finds his courage.

Sirius Black is one of my faves from Azkaban, along with Lupin. Sirius is for the most part deemed the mysterious yet crazy villain, until he turns out to be a Guardian of Harry's. In more ways than one :)
:maheart:
Lupin 😍😍😍😍
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Hmm I didn’t understand :nekosweat:
Basically, if you could categorise him, like how I categorised the characters in the OP, what would you say Lupin is?

I'll give you choices to help. How would you categorise Lupin?:

An Anti-hero? Guardian? Fragile? Warrior? Loner? Leader?

Or maybe you see him as something else?
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Basically, if you could categorise him, like how I categorised the characters in the OP, what would you say Lupin is?

I'll give you choices to help. How would you categorise Lupin?:

An Anti-hero? Guardian? Fragile? Warrior? Loner? Leader?

Or maybe you see him as something else?
Guardian maybe
 
  • Love
Reactions: OnlyCalB

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Guardian maybe
To be honest Lupin is many things :lisalaugh:

But Guardian he is for sure. The way he sets out to protect Harry, and then all his friends later on in the books.

He is also fragile and a bit of a loner too in Azkaban isn't he. As he hides his Werewolf side he makes himself be alone.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread