What is your opinion on Jennie? (1 Viewer)

Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
no not jenny from the block... jennie from the square? okay I felt like being lame anyway.

your opinion? please no bashing, as we aren't allowed.

mine? and no I'm not gonna put mine in a spoiler, I dont know why some of you do that, have some pride its your thread we should read it, anyway (again)

When I first saw Jennie in 2012 or 11 whatever year it was, I remember thinking that she looked certainly like a CL wannabe, I'm not being shady here thats just what I thought and I didnt like her I wasn't looking forward to her, and then when I heard her in gdragons song I felt that it was a major flaw in his album (I know this sounds like trolling but I honestly thought that) and then when she featured in Seungris one I was like oh God please no. Basically I didn't like her. but however when she debuted...

I still didnt like her, and now I dont like her. however, me and her are 96 liners we have the same accent, she reminds me of a few girls i know she has a kiwi vibe I'm from nz if you didnt know, so, I actually think me and her would get along really well irl. i think she is funny i think she is a good rapper too, however she just doenst seem appealing to me and yeah, but I'd love to meet her though. so I dont know why I dont like her but yet wanna meet her. weird.








SOOO CUTEE


DAMN MAMA.


wbu?
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The most overrated idol in the industry. Yes, she is good, but she is not THAT good. The amount of hype she is getting is not proportional to the amount she's giving. There are plenty of idols who sing, rap, dance better than her. She does have style and charismatic aura, I will admit that. I will never forget how fame hit her head where it came to the point that you pay $90 for a ticket to watch her move expresionless like a sloth. I want 2016 Jennie back.
 
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
The most overrated idol in the industry. Yes, she is good, but she is not THAT good. The amount of hype she is getting is not proportional to the amount she's giving. There are plenty of idols who sing, rap, dance better than her. She does have style and charismatic aura, I will admit that. I will never forget how fame hit her head where it came to the point that you pay $90 for a ticket to watch her move expresionless like a sloth. I want 2016 Jennie back.
Reported for being a meanie.
 
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
Also I am so good at picking pics that I forgot that I didnt like her by the time I clicked post on the thread. Wonder if anyone else will think that when they see the gifs hm.
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I like her rap, vocals are overrated imo, she has a nice "basic" (not meant as a insult) voice that fits most songs like Selena Gomez or Carly Rae Jaepson but doesn't have anything special to it. Her dancing doesn't really impress me most of the times.
I do love her personality tho, she seems like such a fun person to be around and have a great time with.
 
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
I like her rap, vocals are overrated imo, she has a nice "basic" (not meant as a insult) voice that fits most songs like Selena Gomez or Carly Rae Jaepson but doesn't have anything special to it. Her dancing doesn't really impress me most of the times.
I do love her personality tho, she seems like such a fun person to be around and have a great time with.
We have a similar opinion of her! I think she'd be great to hangout with too and agree shes overrated in all except rap.

Oh hey is she pretty to you? She is not to me but she can be sometimes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus and baekk

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
We have a similar opinion of her! I think she'd be great to hangout with too and agree shes overrated in all except rap.

Oh hey is she pretty to you? She is not to me but she can be sometimes.
Yeah she's pretty to me, but most idols are as well :sanapray:
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I love her. She was the first member that appealed to me in Black Pink and the main reason I continued to check them out. She's not my BP bias anymore but I still love her. She's just so cute. And sure, she may not be the most talented human out there but she can still hold her own and she can do a bit of everything. So basically, I think she's a great and super charismatic idol and she's very lovable.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
She's not exceptional at anything but good at basically everything which is pretty much all you can ask from an idol. Yeah she does have some problems going at it 100% during some performances though, but when she's on, she's on.

She does have the it-factor, it's hard to point out WHAT exactly makes her charismatic, it's just the combination of everything imo. She's presented as this high fashion diva with an attitude, who is still sweet and can make you go uwu. It's a formula for success.

A few months ago, I'd never have believed I'd be making a Jennie praising post lmao, how times change. I like her a lot now. Although I'll admit Solo was a rushed, half-assed song that sounds more like an unfinished demo from the studio. But Jennie Kim the performer/idol/model has my heart.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I love her. She is charismatic and gained my attention very fast. She is quite good at singing and dancing and she is good at rapping. She is very cute and seems very nice even if she always ends up being in a controversy but I think that a lot of people are misjudging her and are jumping in a bandwagon hate.
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
She was my bias when I forst saw BP
But eh, overtime I saw and realized that she is bland in personality
she gets pushed too much to make her overshadow her fellow members (which is not her fault at all, it's YG's), which seems like fame got to her head and making her think she can get a free pass on being lazy on stage and during practice. Without YG pushing her, I think she'd be working just as hard as her fellow members.
That being said, she does not deserve hate every time she breathes but I felt like the hate towards her being lazy during the concerts was deserved. After all, the fans worked hard for that money and expect a good show with you doing your very best.

I think YG's way of pushing her just made people bored of her and changed their visions on her, that's the main mistake that sadly, this girl has to wear the consequences from.
 

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
She's a good artist and talented but she's overrated. I usually go for the ones who have the most personality but Jennie is not one of those wow personalities. She is just really bland and doesn't stand out to me at all.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
1,180
Reactions Received
4,085
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Honestly, at the times I don't even care bout her, it's rarely tho.
She seems to tryhard sometimes a lot. She's good but not the best definitely.
Tho other times she seems sweet etc.
But honestly she reminds me of Ariana Grande for some reason, everyone praises Ariana to be the best and shit but nah there are more better than her ngl.

I think Lisa is the best out of all 3. But they all complete each other very well at the same time.
Plus I would love to meet all 4. ( my phone being a dick like usually)

Does this opinion makes sense?
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus and mirella

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Am I the only one who thinks she's bad at rapping? :joysip: Even her vocals are better.

She's pretty and has a certain charm though.
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: Pigeon and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Am I the only one who thinks she's bad at rapping? :joysip: Even her vocals are better.

She's pretty and has a certain charm though.
:chickill:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: dooh and mirella

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
She's vanilla. I can't deny that she's beautiful but even her looks are one-sided and eventually, you get bored of seeing her because she is not interesting visually (might also explain why she doesn't have a visual role in the group?).

This and lack of charisma compared to the other members in BP. It's obvious that YG favours her but he's honestly doing her no favour if we're at the point where people are tired of her. You only have 4 members, you could push them equally? I don't know what the hell is he thinking.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I love Jennie. She's a sweetheart.

She isn't the absolute best rapper but she's not that bad, and she's pretty well-rounded.
The amount of hate she gets is extremely disproportionate to the things she deserved backlash for. Even when she did deserve backlash, people took it too far as always.
I really don't understand it, even within the fandom, she's pretty disliked.

I think a lot of people expect everyone in Blackpink to be a second version on 2ne1, so any member that falls short of that is untalented and a disappointment.

Girl needs a vocal coach because she screams too much. But everyone in BP does, YG vocal coaches are trash.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread