What kind of LIVE PERFORMANCE do you prefer? (1 Viewer)

Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I know not all of us have the luxury of hearing wonderful vocals while our favs dance, because, honestly, only a select few groups can pull that off. When it comes to live performance, which of the following 3 options would you prefer to see?

1. 100% live, with a few backdrops included in the instrumental (such as last words of the verse, etc)
2. Pre-recorded vocals, with occasional appearances of live vocals for main and lead vocal members
3. 100% lip-sync, so it's all perfect and they can focus on dance

Now, it's indisputable that #3 is the most often occurrence. Personally, I'd rather have performers fail a few notes than to listen to pre-recorded vocals, or, nature forbid, lip-sync.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you pay to go and see a lip-synced performance? I wouldn't.
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
to me it's still better to hear slightly flawed live vocals than to not hear them at all so i would choose #1. it's not like lip-syncing can make the weaker vocalists improve anyway.
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm not someone who likes voice cracking or just not having the song I like be the way it was made. If it was made/edited/mixed so that it sounds good but live it isn't as good. I can listen to lip-sync. Like yea it isn't as good but it's still a performance, it's still a song I love and it's not screeching.

If the song can be performed live without much problem, than ofc live vocals are good. Pre recorded with some vocals is like... periodically good? Depends on the group for me.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I prefer 1st most, but i'm fine with 2 as well. Though in terms of that I rather prefer backtrack and idols singing clearly over it and not pre-recorded track with some real vocals mixed in so that you can't even hear what is live and what is not.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and yeji

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
In terms of concerts The 1st is most perferable but I can deal with 2.
3rd is not really what I'd pay for, I can just watch there music videos at home if that were the case.

Watching live stages I don't mind still perferable I'd pick 1 and 2. But 3 for intense choreography is fine.. But if there literally sitting down lip singing... That just disappointing really.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and yeji

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
I know not all of us have the luxury of hearing wonderful vocals while our favs dance, because, honestly, only a select few groups can pull that off. When it comes to live performance, which of the following 3 options would you prefer to see?

1. 100% live, with a few backdrops included in the instrumental (such as last words of the verse, etc)
2. Pre-recorded vocals, with occasional appearances of live vocals for main and lead vocal members
3. 100% lip-sync, so it's all perfect and they can focus on dance
#1. I'd rather have a group sit down (or stand still) and sing live than dance and completely lipsync.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and yeji

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Obviously 1, but I don't mind a 2 or 3 if the choreo is particularly hard. I like to hear at least some real voice. I listen to a lot of the radio things where they sing live just standing because I like to hear things live
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and yeji

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I would prefer 1, but to be honest I would probably still pay to see the performance if they didn't sing live at all, I would probably still enjoy it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
1 would be the ideal 2 is the more realistic one
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Since this is on the General forum; I guess it's not referring exclusively to kpop. Thus, I'd go forward to say none of the above. I prefer 100% live including a live band. Dance is secondary, so it's not a big deal if it's not perfect.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Live vocals. I don’t mind if there’s a back track as long as we can hear their vocals.

live vocals for me are important at concerts. I don’t care about music shows but concerts should be mostly live. Fans pay a shit ton of money for the full experience. Not to see idols dancing on the Stage lip syncing to an auto tuned pre recorded vocal tape.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and eclipsoul

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread