What kind of whole spices do you use? (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,400
Reactions Received
151,415
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Ground spices of all types are super common of course, it’s a good way to infuse food with flavor. But are there any spices you use where you use the whole form rather than the ground up version?

For us we use whole peppercorns (both black and white), cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, star anise, white and black cardamom, and if you count them fennel seeds (they’re already small to start with though). I think thats all of them, we use some more often than others ofc. This thread also made me remember to add whole cloves to my shopping list as a maybe :lisalaugh:
Edit: And yellow mustard seed. Forgot those
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: athenaaa

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,400
Reactions Received
151,415
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Bay leaves, I love bay leaves.
My grandma told me about how she doesn’t buy bay leaves because she tried them when she visited the Mediterranean area and now store bought seem terrible. Maybe I’m not spoiled enough for that but I like them, even if store bought :haylul:
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,473
Reactions Received
39,113
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,845
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
My grandma told me about how she doesn’t buy bay leaves because she tried them when she visited the Mediterranean area and now store bought seem terrible. Maybe I’m not spoiled enough for that but I like them, even if store bought :haylul:
Fresh does taste better. My sister grows them I think
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread