What other group could survive DAY6's 2017 promotion schedule? (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
If you haven't been a K-Pop fan in 2017 or don't know much about DAY6,

in 2017 JYP decided that DAY6 will release 2 songs every month for the whole year. One of which will be a monthly title track with a MV that's promoted on the multiple live shows like Inkigayo and such as well.
DAY6 reflected often about that year and said it was very exhausting and that they were thinking about disbandment for a while because it didn't seem to pay off in sales and popularity for them - to put so much work into their songs, MVs and performances only for it to be not as recognized. With each half year ending they released a full album which included every track plus the ones from the month itself. So 1st album included songs from January till June, and the 2nd album included songs from July till December.

Lately I've been wondering which groups could pull this off as well without any members leaving or the group disbanding. And I've come to the conclusion that I don't think anyone really could. Maybe other bands but groups that do choreography would really suffer a lot I think. Having to do a choreo to at least one of the 2 songs every month additionally to the MV filming would take a huge toll on a body I'd imagine, pair that together with idol dieting and such it's just really unimaginable to me that even my favorite groups could pull off such a feat.

Do you think there's any group that would be able to though?
 
  • Wow
Reactions: cocomelon

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I-

Wow, how did they even survive? That’s crazy! As for the answer, I’ll say ChungHa. I don’t stan her or know her as well as I should, so I could be wrong, but I heard that for one whole year while she was a soloist, she released one song a month (and promoted it/had a music video for it, but my memory is hazy when it comes to that). It’s not quite the same, but if she can handle that, MAYBE she could do it. I don’t know, someone who stans her, correct me if I got something wrong.

Edit: Forgot the group part, my bad. I don’t know. Maybe Twice then? Since they’re so overworked anyway and so hardworking, I’m sure they could do it, but at what cost?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I-

Wow, how did they even survive? That’s crazy! As for the answer, I’ll say ChungHa. I don’t stan her or know her as well as I should, so I could be wrong, but I heard that for one whole year while she was a soloist, she released one song a month (and promoted it/had a music video for it, but my memory is hazy when it comes to that). It’s not quite the same, but if she can handle that, MAYBE she could do it. I don’t know, someone who stans her, correct me if I got something wrong.

Edit: Forgot the group part, my bad. I don’t know. Maybe Twice then? Since they’re so overworked anyway and so hardworking, I’m sure they could do it, but at what cost?
Soloists might have it a bit easier as there isn't a whole group to cater a choreo to as you can just focus on the strength of the soloist.
Don't really remember her releasing a song a month for a year, must've been earlier in her solo career then I suppose?
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

alo

Joined
3 June 2022
Messages
3,933
Reactions Received
5,700
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,116
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
reminds me of 2018 twice, because in 2018, twice had a song release or tour every other month or consecutive months
was gonna say this, 2018 was insane for twice. they went through it, and still are 9, but i'm sure this insane schedule led to several problems down the way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and cocomelon

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Soloists might have it a bit easier as there isn't a whole group to cater a choreo to as you can just focus on the strength of the soloist.
Don't really remember her releasing a song a month for a year, must've been earlier in her solo career then I suppose?
That is true.

It might have been. Let me look it up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

alo

Joined
3 June 2022
Messages
3,933
Reactions Received
5,700
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,116
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
i suppose a large-ish group could do something like that by bending the rules. subunit releases for consecutive months (providing none of the units have overlapping members), then a no-choreo comeback (a ballad maybe), then a choreo comeback, then back to the subunits.

but no group or artist should have to do that, imo. sure, the day6 project seved us bops, but a fan could have listened to them as b-sides on one album
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
i suppose a large-ish group could do something like that by bending the rules. subunit releases for consecutive months (providing none of the units have overlapping members), then a no-choreo comeback (a ballad maybe), then a choreo comeback, then back to the subunits.

but no group or artist should have to do that, imo. sure, the day6 project seved us bops, but a fan could have listened to them as b-sides on one album
sounds like something for NCT in the long run anyway, although they'd probably use Mark for every release :shockedcover:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: alo

alo

Joined
3 June 2022
Messages
3,933
Reactions Received
5,700
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,116
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
sounds like something for NCT in the long run anyway, although they'd probably use Mark for every release :shockedcover:
they're adding mark to tvxq, shinee, suju, snsd (whenever they comeback next), rv, aespa,,, he's a back-up dancer for boa and all the other soloists,,,, mark lee will be EVERYWHERE /j

but seriously, how does the dude handle all the pressure?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
they're adding mark to tvxq, shinee, suju, snsd (whenever they comeback next), rv, aespa,,, he's a back-up dancer for boa and all the other soloists,,,, mark lee will be EVERYWHERE /j

but seriously, how does the dude handle all the pressure?
i remember some time ago he was MC for a concert and had to perform for 2 NCT units back to back while doing an announcement or something, not quite sure which one it was but it's been 2-3 years since then I think this was literally Mark :runrunrun::runrunrun::runrunrun:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: alo
Joined
18 August 2019
Messages
1,773
Reactions Received
3,304
Location
In the SHINee World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,895
Fandom
Multistan
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
They/them preferred
Only a fellow band should ever even think of trying this method but even then I don't see much point. It'd even be about impossible for Xdinary Heroes because of the vocal techniques they use
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread