COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

What the fuck is going on in the world right now (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I just came home earlier after a long working day and it feels like the world is burning even more than it did before.
I'm not all up to date with the names and such but american police officers yet again overstepping their bounds, holding guns at a black guy for ignoring a stop sign, pushing his grandma to the ground when she came to him (while he laid on the ground doing literally nothing to cause having guns pointed at him), and much more especially with the riots in Minneapolis,
this with China and Hong Kong

I'm so confused about everything cuz there is so much happening at the same time.
It really does feel like the world is going down and we aren't even halfway through this year.

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
The riots have moved to St. Paul today. It's such a mess here, my heart is broken. Another man was shot and killed during the riots last night. A white man was seen purposely ramming black drivers in the area of the protest. Lake Street in Minneapolis is essentially destroyed. Somehow Officer Chauvin, the man who murdered George Floyd, has yet to be arrested.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
The Chinese one isn't that surprising considering China has been trying to get control of Hong Kong for months and now they are kinda on their own with the pandemic unfortunately but hate crimes are on the rise again recently and I can remember hearing about like 3 in the past couple of weeks let alone the ones I probably haven't heard about.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
The riots have moved to St. Paul today. It's such a mess here, my heart is broken. Another man was shot and killed during the riots last night. A white man was seen purposely ramming black drivers in the area of the protest. Lake Street in Minneapolis is essentially destroyed. Somehow Officer Chauvin, the man who murdered George Floyd, has yet to be arrested.
I can't imagine how it must be, but my empathy is with them. I wish i could do something to support but it's difficult to do anything besides sign petitions from over here. It's just crazy that like 95% of higher ups are not listening to the people, how can someone be so far up their own assess to ignore major problems for decades.
Stay safe no matter what though.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
The Chinese one isn't that surprising considering China has been trying to get control of Hong Kong for months and now they are kinda on their own with the pandemic unfortunately but hate crimes are on the rise again recently and I can remember hearing about like 3 in the past couple of weeks let alone the ones I probably haven't heard about.
Yeah I knew it has been going on for a while, the protests some months ago were on news worldwide, they just can't seem to catch a break.
Recently saw a gif on reddit from the ODC? I think they are called (ig it's some kind of police force), dragging out democratic party members while the other party could vote without them, for obvious themselves

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Yeah I knew it has been going on for a while, the protests some months ago were on news worldwide, they just can't seem to catch a break.
Recently saw a gif on reddit from the ODC? I think they are called (ig it's some kind of police force), dragging out democratic party members while the other party could vote without them, for obvious themselves
Yeah but at that time it was the news and everyone had eyes on it which put pressure on them while now all the news is about coronavirus so what China is doing to Hong Kong goes under the radar more which allows them to do whatever they want basically

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Yeah but at that time it was the news and everyone had eyes on it which put pressure on them while now all the news is about coronavirus so what China is doing to Hong Kong goes under the radar more which allows them to do whatever they want basically
I really don't want to know what's gonna happen in June, each month has gotten worse, literally need sth like "The Leftovers" to happen, there are so many not fixable problems in the world, we'd need a fresh start to put everything in order again

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
More and more it feels like America is slipping up and letting it's real feelings towards people of color show. Not even the police force, everyday citizens as well

Reactions Received
KS Coins
More and more it feels like America is slipping up and letting it's real feelings towards people of color show. Not even the police force, everyday citizens as well
The bigots and racists feel empowered by Donald Trump and his neo-Nazi allies.
I honestly hope the USA can get rid of him on the next election, otherwise the future will be even darker for the minorities and the middle/low income class.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I can't believe that all of this stuff has happened within such a short amount of time. This is all just so horrific :nekosweat:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
There's so much going on right now. Trump is also trying to go all authoritarian and attack social media platforms with an executive order just cause twitter fact-checked ONE of his tweets

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread