What to have for breakfast at 3am? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
As many of you know on this forum, I wake up at 3:00am. It is because I walk to work (10km) so it takes time and before that I have to workout (abs 30-40 mins) and walk the dog if I have time for it.

But as I´m aging my body keeps telling me two things:
a) low energy
b) gaining weight by breathing

I have always had problems with weight. It runs in my family. I don´t even eat that much but I gain weight so easily that it had made me so frustrated I once lost all the weight in a very unhealthy way. I was skinny and everyone complimented me on it and I was literally starving myself eating just soup :D. The other way is to walk back home (10km) and lose weight that way, but man I am so exhausted all the time, I can´t think streight (and mama gotta make money ahaha).

So help me, please!
Ideas to snack on?
(I can´t drink milk, eat cheese - not officially lacto-intolerant but you don´t need a doctor to tell you that ,it´s pretty obvious once your belly becomes a balloon and people can´t stay in the same room with you :D).

thank you for your help.
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I usually skip breakfast but im guessing that's not an option for you

Can you have crackers with like....peanut butter or like cucumber? if you have sweet mustard you could have crackers with mustard. It's smaller so you won't be over judging how much you can eat and it doesn't cost too much. Rice too, if you eat rice and leftovers, heat up the rice and have it with cucumber and soy sauce.
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I usually skip breakfast but im guessing that's not an option for you

Can you have crackers with like....peanut butter or like cucumber? if you have sweet mustard you could have crackers with mustard. It's smaller so you won't be over judging how much you can eat and it doesn't cost too much. Rice too, if you eat rice and leftovers, heat up the rice and have it with cucumber and soy sauce.
cucumber sounds nice but I drink coffee in the morning so such combination would upset my stomach. I like the crackers idea or maybe just teaching myself to skip breakfast. I have thought about it, but it is hard to walk the distance and then keep functioning so I´m thinking how to ear low cal but also keep the energy level up a bit.
but crackers sound good, thank you for the idea.
 
  • Like
Reactions: daesuki and Willow

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
cucumber sounds nice but I drink coffee in the morning so such combination would upset my stomach. I like the crackers idea or maybe just teaching myself to skip breakfast. I have thought about it, but it is hard to walk the distance and then keep functioning so I´m thinking how to ear low cal but also keep the energy level up a bit.
but crackers sound good, thank you for the idea.
don't skip breakfast if ur gonna walk 10 km djfghkd good luck!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
  • Love
Reactions: brekker

Soogi

radical kyeominist
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
16,140
Reactions Received
24,280
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
i heard hummus is great; it's quick and keeps you satisfied for long. plus, you can eat it with anything; use it as a veggie dip, slather it on some crackers or tortillas, eat it with pasta, on a sandwich, ..... it's got the range and the nutrients :sanapray:
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: milk and brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
i heard hummus is great; it's quick and keeps you satisfied for long. plus, you can eat it with anything; use it as a veggie dip, slather it on some crackers or tortillas, eat it with pasta, on a sandwich, ..... it's got the range and the nutrients :sanapray:
I love humus but to be fair it is a lot of calories. I might have to try eating it with crackers though. I don´t particularly like them, but they sound filling :D.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Soogi

Soogi

radical kyeominist
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
16,140
Reactions Received
24,280
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
I love humus but to be fair it is a lot of calories. I might have to try eating it with crackers though. I don´t particularly like them, but they sound filling :D.
aw sorry im a bit of a dunce when it comes to calories; i have no idea what's considered too much or too little ^^"
but if it really bothers you maybe you could try making your own? there's plenty of low calorie hummus recipes and it's super easy to prepare
or you could cut up some fruits and enjoy them with yoghurt? a simple avocado toast?
 
  • Love
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
aw sorry im a bit of a dunce when it comes to calories; i have no idea what's considered too much or too little ^^"
but if it really bothers you maybe you could try making your own? there's plenty of low fat hummus recipes and it's super easy to prepare
or you could cut up some fruits and enjoy them with yoghurt? a simple avocado toast?
I wish I could eat yoghurt tbh, but yeah I might stick to humus but eat crackers or rice cakes? I dunno, it is getting harder and harder to keep thin :D. well think sounds too optimistic. but I used to think that people are lying when they have a bit of meat on their bones and yet they claim to workout a lot, but geeeee, not really! :D
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Soogi

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,149
Reactions Received
46,811
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
180,403
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? lol but no, DON'T skip breakfast! And who the hell walks SIX FREAKING MILES to school??? That's what transport is for, silly! lol
 
  • Haha
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? lol but no, DON'T skip breakfast! And who the hell walks SIX FREAKING MILES to school??? That's what transport is for, silly! lol
it´s a form of workout. I´m 30 :).
 
Joined
14 June 2019
Messages
1,558
Reactions Received
2,863
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
@brekker What about fruit? Bananas give you energy. Do you like grapes or apples? Trail mix/mixed nuts? Boiled eggs are also good and healthy - it will fill you up fast. Maybe some yogurt if that isn't too much for you. Do you like vegetables? you can dip celery/carrots in hummus, that would be somewhat healthier than crackers. Avocado toast. Some popcorn works
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
@brekker What about fruit? Bananas give you energy. Do you like grapes or apples? Trail mix/mixed nuts? Boiled eggs are also good and healthy - it will fill you up fast. Maybe some yogurt if that isn't too much for you. Do you like vegetables? you can dip celery/carrots in hummus, that would be somewhat healthier than crackers. Avocado toast. Some popcorn works
thank you but usually fruit bloats me. I sometimes eat a banana but it is a risk :D. I can´t eat yoghourt, unfortunately :(. unboiled vegetables are not suitable for my stomach either. but thank you for the tips! I still haven´t found any healthy variation but I think I will try to just increase my physical activity. the best I think, would be to just give up breakfast as it is such an inconvenience, but I keep pushing it away. ugh, aging.
 
  • Like
Reactions: milk
Joined
14 June 2019
Messages
1,558
Reactions Received
2,863
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
thank you but usually fruit bloats me. I sometimes eat a banana but it is a risk :D. I can´t eat yoghourt, unfortunately :(. unboiled vegetables are not suitable for my stomach either. but thank you for the tips! I still haven´t found any healthy variation but I think I will try to just increase my physical activity. the best I think, would be to just give up breakfast as it is such an inconvenience, but I keep pushing it away. ugh, aging.
Hmm what do you usually eat for dinner/lunch? I want to ask you something about yourself/diet, but it's really personal and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable... The reason is bc you also said banana is a "risk" and it shouldn't be..... If you decide to "skip" breakfast, have you thought about having liquid calories instead? You could have some tea instead of a meal?
 
  • Love
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Hmm what do you usually eat for dinner/lunch? I want to ask you something about yourself/diet, but it's really personal and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable... The reason is bc you also said banana is a "risk" and it shouldn't be..... If you decide to "skip" breakfast, have you thought about having liquid calories instead? You could have some tea instead of a meal?
banana is a risk because it bloats me. I usually drink coffee, yes!
I mean I don´t really eat lunch, my next meal is at 4pm,but as I get older, I don´t need that many calories and my body is just very slow at burning calories in general. I know a lot of people would never tell I even move, but I seriously do :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread