What will happen to G-idle? (1 Viewer)

Joined
6 February 2021
Messages
1,117
Reactions Received
1,890
Location
In your dreams
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multifan
Gender
Female
As you all know Cube announced a new group called Lightsum recently, and it had me wondering a lot of things because it just came out of nowhere. The main thing that I was really wondering was what will happen to G-idle? I don't know to be honest considering the Soojin situation and things not being really resolved with that. I think that Cube came up with this group as a plan b or cushion in case the next time G-idle has a comeback, may it be that Soojin comes back as well, and the comeback doesn't chart that well or do that great as it should. I just hope that they don't end up on the back burner or even worse, completely ignored like CLC. What's your take on this?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and Willow
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
I don't think they will go down the CLC route because they were actually profitable, and they are a fresh group yet. (tbh CLC was decently active until recently for a group that doesn't really earn anything). but they could suffer from a huge loss in sales and reputation just like T-ara did once they came back. So the best thing for Cube to do is remove Soojin and give them a year hiatus or something like that.

Before someone jumps at me for mentioning T-ara, I know the scandal wasn't genuine, but back then no one knew so that will also be how Korea is gonna treat GIDLE
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and Day1
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
Oh also I will have to say their future could be hugely affected by how the new gg will perform. If they do well, CUBE perhaps won't feel the need to go back to a girl group with a destroyed image. Might give them long hiatuses in between comeback (if they have any comeback at all). If the girl group doesn't gain much fame within a year, they'd perhaps give GIDLE other try. But I say do not wait for their comeback anytime soon either way. The foreign members went back to their home countries.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Cube is debuting a new GG?! I can’t keep up with Kpop news these days :jisoosmh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
for some reason, I never really thought about what would happen to gidle. I always just kind of assumed that Soojin would be proven innocent (since she seemed adamant about being innocent in her replies) and the group would go back to normal soon.

I didn't know about cube's new girl group though, that is definitely kind of concerning? since clc was still active for so long despite being a way lesser known group, I feel like gidle might still be active? But they might take an early backburner to the new girl group.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread