What year did you get into Kpop and how? (2 Viewers)

year?


  • Total voters
    33

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
For me, 2013.

I was scrolling through YouTube and stumbled upon Fantastic Baby. It was strange at first (GD's hair oml) but interesting.

Then I read an article about an almost-lesbian kiss in Brown Eyed Girls' Abracadabra. Naturally this piqued my interest, so I had to check it out.

Then I found EXO's Growl somehow.

Then I fell down the rabbit hole.
 

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
2001 for me.
I can't remember the exact instance when my happened, but my friend showed me a song she was listening to at some point in 2001 while we were both in 7th grade. It was one from BoA and I became hooked after that.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
2001 for me.
I can't remember the exact instance when my happened, but my friend showed me a song she was listening to at some point in 2001 while we were both in 7th grade. It was one from BoA and I became hooked after that.
I probably should've added more years before 2009, I'm so sorry! : O You've been a long time fan.
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I knew/heard of K-pop in 2012 due to Psy and checked out some groups like TVXQ and SNSD. I liked some of the music but I never stuck around.

However, around April/Easter of 2014 I was at Uni and someone linked Girls' Day's 'Something' and I really like it. I looked into more K-pop groups (including TVXQ and SNSD again) and was hooked since then. Never looked back, especially when RV debuted that summer of 2014 etc.

Red Velvet became my first official "stanned" group.
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
2014, I was watching the FineBros reaction video with BB, TVXQ, and SNSD. Then I watched some other groups. I never really become interested until I somehow stumbled upon VIXX's Voodoo Doll, then I watched all of VIXX's stuff and became hooked. I stand them almost right away lmao. From there, I just became a casual listener to many other groups ^-^
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I had first discovered K-pop in 2013 (Fantastic Baby was what caught my attention) although I didn't really get into the genre at first as I mainly just listened to a few Big Bang and Exo songs.

Near the end of 2017 was when I got really into K-pop and started stanning Exo and finding other groups that I enjoyed.

:llama_prance:
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It was around late 2009 so I say 2010 cause its easier lol.

I had watched amvs on YouTube and some used kpop songs so I started looking them up or getting suggestions. Then I got into SHINee and did a deep dive into kpop
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
A Mirella thread? Is this a miracle? :maheart:

2013 for me too. Fine Bros made YouTubers react to Kpop- it was Fantastic Baby, IGAB and Lucifer. I was in.

Although other than SNSD, I was more of boy group stan for a while but now :joysip:
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
A Mirella thread? Is this a miracle? :maheart:

2013 for me too. Fine Bros made YouTubers react to Kpop- it was Fantastic Baby, IGAB and Lucifer. I was in.

Although other than SNSD, I was more of boy group stan for a while but now :joysip:
I can't imagine Senpai being a bg stan :oof_tea:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
2011. I was warching kdramas since 2009 so at some point I was listening to OSTs. I think I was watching Dream high or God of study at that time and I discovered T-ara. And then BIGBANG stole my heart
 

Yolks

✦ Hwang Hyunjin ✦
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
4,311
Reactions Received
20,315
Location
sin & moon ☽
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Before 2009, I'm Korean, so I guess I've been listening to kpop my whole life??

I listened to Girls Generation the most when I was really young, and I remember I especially used to love T-ara's Bo Peep Bo Peep lol
I didn't stan/ really favor any groups until like 2014ish
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
4,096
Reactions Received
13,689
Location
Throwing rotten eggs at Pledis
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
In 2010, Wonder Girls were like the biggest thing in my region (other than Justin Bieber) and I sort of started listening to groups from them. I think I became a full on fan in 2013 or 2014
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
2010 :maheart:
one of my favorite youtube editors made a SHINee video and I randomly clicked on Lucifer after that edit. Eversince I am loyal to SHINee and will never stop loving my 5 boys. They still are my everything.
Fun fact: I never thought another boy group could come close to my love for SHINee yet iKON did it. I was someone who followed them since WIN ( watched it for my homeboy Mino since I am a fan of Block B since debut and always cheered on Mino). Just during tje start of New Kids era, after the years they spend in japan, did I fall deeper and deeper in love with my ikonic sons and literally got obsessed with Bling Bling/BDay and I am serious when I am saying that I watched their first Weekly Idol episode 3 times in the week it got released.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread