What’s a time in history or an event that you’re intrigued by? (1 Viewer)

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I wasn’t that good in my history classes but whenever our teacher gave us freedom to research topics that interested us(usually on days when we finished our work early)the class became so much more fun!

I guess I like to learn about the more sad events in history because those are the hardest to grasp. I think the event though that I’ve always been the most curious about is the sinking of the Titanic. I have books about it and watched as many documentaries as possible on it. I don’t really know why I’m so intrigued by it, maybe because it was an unfortunate accident that could have been avoided or just me being interested in possibly how more people could have survived if better measures were taken.

Anyways what’s a time or event in history that you’re intrigued by?

1584308333790.gif
​
 
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I am very intrigue by much older history like Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, The Renaissance.
Though my favorite gotta be the Warring State period aka the Sengoku Period in Japan with figures like Oda Nobunaga, Date Masamune, Tokugawa Ieyasu etc.
 
Joined
16 February 2020
Messages
462
Reactions Received
1,176
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Tang dynasty or Han dynasty, I just really want to know what life was like considering the country was doing quite well,even flourishing in those. I would like to know ancient Egypt under the rule of hapsepshut or Cleopatra, just curious to see how the female rulers were like, actually going to Tang dynasty while in wu zetian's time has got to be interesting
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
472
Reactions Received
1,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
1. The (american) revolutionary war
I remember drawing maps of the battle of Trenton when I was, like, six. Cue confused parents

2. Europe, basically any time period before the industrial revolution. It’s a wide range of stuff but I love everything about European history. (Especially the outfits!!!! God I wish I could wear Elizabethan era gowns daily)
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Ancient China intrigues me the most. Whether it's the Warring States era or Three Kingdoms era, it's really the most fascinating period in history for me.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I am really into the 20's and 50's. It's intresting to me to know how different even more recent history was to now
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I'm very into ancient Greece and Greek mythology as well as Roman history too. I blame Percy Jackson >.>

It was so interesting how they developed and civilised though. There was something that someone once told me though. Greeks and Romans were thriving. They were discovering new technology, under floor heating and more. But then came the dark ages. A time with no information, shoruded in mystery. After this comes the Medieval Period (in England). It was like humanity started again, right from scratch. All that previous technology that human had within in their grasp completely disappeared. Just by looking at Roman and Medieval pottery you can see the difference

Medieval pottery (left) and Roman Pottery (right)



Medieval people could only add the colour green and draw a few basic designs. Glazing was too expensive so only the inner part of the pottery was glazed. But Romans were glazing both sides and adding much more intricate designs even though their time period was before the Medieval one! It's a big mystery which I find really interesting.



Another point in time I find really interesting in time is the reign of King Richard III (England again ^_^) who ruled from 1483 to 1485. He is famous for being a hated king with a crooked back who increased taxes and was generally terrible to his people. What interests me the most is actually his nephew Edward VI who was supposed to take the crown at age 12 when his father died but it was mysteriously announced that he was an illegitimate child. He was taken to the Tower of London with his younger brother and never seen again.

There are 2 skeletons that have been found in the Tower of London that would identify with their ages (12 and 6 I think) which means that they were probably killed at a young age. But no one will ever know. They could have escaped and we could have people descended from the royal family living among us today and we will never know. It creates so many story ideas and makes ny imagination go wild :maheart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread