What's next for Apink? (1 Viewer)

Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,444
Reactions Received
39,060
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,685
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
I'll never be complete again with Apink gone. Do you think they'll ever get together and make music again? The only slim hope is that Eunji stayed with IST. I'm kind of surprised by that but they have kept her busy. I have ZERO faith in IST and think Weeekly's disbandment will follow shortly. I think they are pulling a Source Music to be honest, divesting of former groups to start a new group... I hope acting roles will open up for the Apink members who left. Maybe they will create a new group, given their age though, I don't think any companies will be on board because of how the industry focuses on younger and flashier. Lastly, acting and music failing, I wouldn't be the slightest bit disappointed if they went on to start families. For some reason I always thought Chorong would be a wonderful mother.
 

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Hopefully they’ll still release music as a group. Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of the situation is that despite most of the members leaving the company, they’ll still stay as a group and release music together.
 

shadow

.
.
Joined
10 April 2023
Messages
24,012
Reactions Received
19,103
Location
uran
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
97,644
Fandom
uwanator
Ship
considering that they haven’t disbanded, I really hope that can still release music as a group whenever possible. They were the first ever kpop group I’ve stanned and as someone who’s been a Pink Panda for a decade now, it would make me so sad if they discontinued. ☹
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,399
Reactions Received
55,170
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
284,366
I feel for you my friend since you seem to be a big apink fan but realistically GG which all members renew with the same company are very very rare!!!

(there's like three of them if I recall correctly - Twice, Mamamoo* and Dreamcatcher)
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,444
Reactions Received
39,060
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,685
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
1 member of mamamoo is with another company. If it wasn't IST I might buy them still being a group but the same was said with Naeun still being a member. I have Zero faith IST could pull off another Apink comeback now that 4 members left the company. I hope I'm wrong though.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
Just have to wait and see what happens and I see Wheein get brought up a lot but what fans miss is that Wheein is under some sort of extended agreement to continue activities with Mamamoo until December 2023 they said so I believe she's effectively still under contract to do Mamamoos activities and not exactly a 1 to 1 comparison with nearly any other group situation.
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,444
Reactions Received
39,060
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,685
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
Wheein is under some sort of extended agreement to continue activities with Mamamoo until December 2023 they said so I believe she's effectively still under contract to do Mamamoos activities and not exactly
Thats interesting, I didn't know there was a contract involved but I shouldn't be surprised.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
Thats interesting, I didn't know there was a contract involved but I shouldn't be surprised.
Well it was packed in with the announcement that Wheein was leaving RBW so it was easy to slip under peoples notice if you just skimmed through it and I'd assume this was either Wheeins or RBWs way of guaranteeing that they wouldn't lose control over her ability to be in group activities while still allowing her full control over her solo activities.

All I can really say about Apink is that they do seem driven to try and make the group work for the members that left IST recently to sign together and the main concern would be what the situation is with their trademark as Apinks company initially started as a sub-label to Cube who had Beast that had to rebrand to Highlight when one of their members re-signed with Cube and Eunji has done with IST although without the group drama.

I have no idea if Apinks trademark situation is in any way comparable to that though and maybe there is some long term plan that splitting like this is part of in order for them to get control of the group more similar to EXID where the members left and worked elsewhere until they dropped Fire and announced that they owned their trademark now.
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,444
Reactions Received
39,060
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,685
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
So after much thought, I figured out why Eunji stayed with IST. She's in the middle of filming Season 2 of Drink now Work later. Also, it's probably the only thing that allows them to remain as Apink. With out any connection to IST I'm sure they would have to redebut under a new name or face a court battle where IST will defend it's copyright and trademark of Apink. When and If they get back together (I won't believe it until it happens) for a comeback it will be legally easier to negotiate contracts with Eunji's contract in place.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
I feel for you my friend since you seem to be a big apink fan but realistically GG which all members renew with the same company are very very rare!!!

(there's like three of them if I recall correctly - Twice, Mamamoo* and Dreamcatcher)
Mamamoo wheein left for thelivelabel, but the group still makes music and stuff and is set to tour this year.
 
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,399
Reactions Received
55,170
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
284,366
Mamamoo wheein left for thelivelabel, but the group still makes music and stuff and is set to tour this year.
wait what? really did that happen recently?

If I remember correctly when they renewed Wheein was stil RBW for Mamamoo group activities but went with a different label for her solo activities
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
wait what? really did that happen recently?

If I remember correctly when they renewed Wheein was stil RBW for Mamamoo group activities but went with a different label for her solo activities
Ah yeah there is an extension she signed with rbw for group activities.

would that still be considered being under rbw? Monsta X I.M also left starship but still does group activities. 2pm taecyeon is also similiar. I don’t really think of them as part of their original companies any more despite them releasing music under them.

Though, as far as I know, they didn’t quite sign a contract like wheein did so there is a bit of nuance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Selfmate
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,399
Reactions Received
55,170
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
284,366
Ah yeah there is an extension she signed with rbw for group activities.

would that still be considered being under rbw? Monsta X I.M also left starship but still does group activities. 2pm taecyeon is also similiar. I don’t really think of them as part of their original companies any more despite them releasing music under them.

Though, as far as I know, they didn’t quite sign a contract like wheein did so there is a bit of nuance.
yeah which is why I put a * after mamamoo

but yeah my point was still that it's rare for GG to all renew with the same company

sidenote I recently learned that my brother who went to singapore for a wedding happened to attend a mamamoo concert lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myth

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread