What's something you used to believe as a child? (1 Viewer)

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I always thought that if I swallowed gum I would immediately start choking and die, one time when I was about 7 years old I accidentally swallowed some and started screaming and crying at my mom because I thought I was going to die... I also thought that if I looked at the sun I would go blind (I think a lot of kids think this.. or maybe I was just the strange one) but I wasn't actually scared of going blind for some reason so I would just stare at the sun for as long as I could handle... I was such a smart kid.

:facepalm:
​
 
Joined
18 August 2019
Messages
1,773
Reactions Received
3,304
Location
In the SHINee World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,895
Fandom
Multistan
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
They/them preferred
I was an extremely picky eater as a kid so my parents got me eating pork by calling it "light roast beef" and turkey as "light light roast beef." Grape juice was called kickapoo joy juice or something?? Goodness knows how they came up with that but it worked
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I was an extremely picky eater as a kid so my parents got me eating pork by calling it "light roast beef" and turkey as "light light roast beef." Grape juice was called kickapoo joy juice or something?? Goodness knows how they came up with that but it worked
Parents can come up with some of the strangest things to fool their children :llama_laugh:
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
My mum told me that if I run near a dog, the dog will be attracted to me and chase after me. After I was told that, I thought that the concept applied to cars as well so I used to think that if I ran on the road, cars will be attracted to me and run me over... Now that I think about it, those were pretty dark thoughts for a child lol. But I never used to cross the road if there were cars anywhere in sight and I never, ever, EVER ran on the road. I was too scared.

I also believed in the "monster uncle" that went after naughty children... I was a good kid simply because I didn't want the monster uncle to chase me with his huge needle that he had prepared for the naughty kids. I feel like my fear of needles stemmed from that story.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
My mom told me that gum was made of bird waste and I still dared to try it :worry:
Your mom only made it more appealing for you :lisalaugh:
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
My mum told me that if I run near a dog, the dog will be attracted to me and chase after me. After I was told that, I thought that the concept applied to cars as well so I used to think that if I ran on the road, cars will be attracted to me and run me over... Now that I think about it, those were pretty dark thoughts for a child lol. But I never used to cross the road if there were cars anywhere in sight and I never, ever, EVER ran on the road. I was too scared.

I also believed in the "monster uncle" that went after naughty children... I was a good kid simply because I didn't want the monster uncle to chase me with his huge needle that he had prepared for the naughty kids. I feel like my fear of needles stemmed from that story.
That would be terrifying

My mom told me that gum was made of bird waste and I still dared to try it :worry:
Bon appetit :llama_laugh:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I guess general stuff like santa
 
D

Deleted member 74

Nothing like Santa or the Easter Bunny because I wasn't brought up to believe anything like that~
I think it's more something I just always believed, as a child I thought that once I was older, I would be different to the point that I'd be unrecognizable to my past self, and I am, but not in the way I wanted :')
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I've never heard of that kind of monster uncle..but I'm pretty sure the monster uncle is real 🤔
I think it's a Turkish thing. Literally every Turkish parent threatens their naughty children with the monster uncle that carries a huge needle in his bag lol. I don't think there's any Turkish child who is unfamiliar with "öcü amca" (monster uncle).
And he does? :yolk:
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
My mum used to tell me that if I didn't go to the toilet, the waste would go up to my heart and I would die. She also told me if I didn't brush my teeth before going to bed, ants would crawl in and eat my brain :wimwim:
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
As a young child, I used to believe in fairies. I even built a fairy house out of a plastic box and made small furniture.
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
I once sniffed nail strengthener hard, that the smell went to my throat. And I was so startled that I thought I'd accidentally gotten high. So I sat still and said nothing for the rest of the day because I thought someone would notice that I was "high."

We ran out of women's body wash, so I had to use the men's, and I was scared that it would turn me into a guy.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread