what's the point of stanning talent-less visuals? (1 Viewer)

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
I stan idols exclusively for looks, character and personality.

Whether they are talented or not really doesn't factor in.

It's a bonus I can appreciate. But honestly its not necessary.


I love Tzuyu as a person. It's enjoyable for me to followed her activities and hear about her day and watch her perform with TWICE.

I think reducing it to the idea they someone like me should simply go Stan models misses a lot of the point and motivation for stanning in kpop that a lot of people incorporate.

It's not a sterile oh I just think they're attractive assessment, that could be filled by some mannequin or model.


It's you admiring them as a person and falling in love with their character and personality or skill or other facet as an idol.. Kpop idols allow you to follow individuals in a more broad fashion and couldn't readily be replaced by another industry, nor is it as superficially one dimensional as admiring a model in a catalog.


Put it this way.

I Stan Tzuyu because she's Tzuyu.

I Stan Yoona because she's Yoona.

Not because they can harmonize or remember choreography.

But because of who they are.


Yoona, especially. I see as a role model figure. I admire her character and the type of person she is.


Edit: I by no means see Yoona or Tzuyu as talentless. I was responding because of the implication that talent was the only factor one could be justified in stanning.
 
Last edited:
Joined
16 February 2020
Messages
462
Reactions Received
1,176
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
From what I realized talent isn't the only requirements of being an idol, likeability, variety skills or "star power" could help as well. And a lot of visuals usually have a likeable personality, you can be talented but people might not want to root for you because of your attitude.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread