What's the worst natural disaster you have been into? (1 Viewer)

Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Maybe an earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, or any catastrophic act of nature.

Most definitely hurricane Maria. The nearest river overflowed more than ever; threatening to flood our house (it didn't). We were without water for three weeks, without power for three months, and without internet for ten months. Food was scarce. It was so surreal. We are talking about maximum sustained winds of up to 155 mph for about 24 hours. It was horrifying; we were hit by the eyewall itself.
 
Last edited:

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Probably a hurricane but it wasn't really bad since my place wasn't hit too bad
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Tornado, I have had plenty of close calls in my life time. Especially driving through Tennessee. It was late at night, we knew storms where headed through but I decided to push onwards. At some point I noticed semi's where off the road but by that time it was to late. It was pretty much at that point all hell broke loose. Heavy rain-winds-hail. Couldn't see the highway anymore. Luckly there was one truck on the road and we tail gaited him tight till we found an exit. Turns out a tornado just went over the highway we were on.

Edit: I just remembered Hurricane Andrew and I have to say it's a tie between that and Hurricane Andrew. No I don't live in Flornia, never had. It was just my moms dumb idea to go on a road trip and continue to push for Flordia despite hearing about Andrew when we were in Tennessee (of all things).
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Tornado, I have had plenty of close calls in my life time. Especially driving through Tennessee. It was late at night, we knew storms where headed through but I decided to push onwards. At some point I noticed semi's where off the road but by that time it was to late. It was pretty much at that point all hell broke loose. Heavy rain-winds-hail. Couldn't see the highway anymore. Luckly there was one truck on the road and we tail gaited him tight till we found an exit. Turns out a tornado just went over the highway we were on.

Edit: I just remembered Hurricane Andrew and I have to say it's a tie between that and Hurricane Andrew. No I don't live in Flornia, never had. It was just my moms dumb idea to go on a road trip and continue to push for Flordia despite hearing about Andrew when we were in Tennessee (of all things).
Wow, I haven't seen tornadoes in my whole life. I remember hurricane Andrew; but I don't remember it passing through here. There have been a lot of close calls on hurricanes; but most of them just take another route. The most catastrophic after Maria has been Georges.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Wow, I haven't seen tornadoes in my whole life. I remember hurricane Andrew; but I don't remember it passing through here. There have been a lot of close calls on hurricanes; but most of them just take another route. The most catastrophic after Maria has been Georges.
I've seen funnel clouds, I've seen dust devils, but I actually never seen a tornado coming at me. My luck is it's usually at night. Even when Huntington Beach, CA had that water spout I was near but I wasn't looking in the right direction. XD
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
earthquakes or typhoon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Michael

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Until Georges' year I hadn't seen any either. There was a point when almost no one had seen an actual hurricane in my country.
I've seen Irma, that one was huge in Florida, but at that time I was living on an island close to Boston so it didn't hit too hard
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Michael

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Irma passed nearby; but it affected mostly the eastern side, while I live by the west. So it didn't affect me too much.
yeah, it mostly affected the east. Idk if there was anything else there tho, since I'm not living in the states anymore
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Michael

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
How strong? Was there any damage to your house?
It was 5.8 and it hit the whole east coast and Canada. I was close to the origin of it but things just shook. No damage to my place though
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Michael

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I've only been through a tornado and it didn't hit us or anything, it was just off in some field but I remember I was terrified.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I don‘t recall anything happening here in germany
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread