- Joined
- 5 January 2023
- Messages
- 17,607
- Reactions Received
- 18,278
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 134,120
- Fandom
- Neverland
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
I sorta agree but then the question to that is does that indicate that there is a danger in allowing kpop idols too much freedom in the creative decision since from a GG perspective Idle (or rather Soyeon) is one of the only groups where a majority of the productions/composition/writing is done by the group for the TITLE TRACK. Like many many groups have had their had in the backend process but I have yet to see a GG where the company allowed them that much freedom in terms of the TT - often they get their hands dirty in the writing/production for a bside maybe or maybe have one credit on the TT but certainly not the majorityHere's mine about one of my favorite groups: i-dle's weakest albums are everything they have released post-renewal. For all the benefits the girls have squeezed out of Cube in their renewal contracts, they released better albums when they had to deal with more company meddling. Sometimes (arguably most times), an artist is better with some pressure to edit.
I have lots of others about not my faves, but I also know that people don't always appreciate non-stans weighing in. And this thread is "takes people don't find it worth arguing over"![]()
Yeah, I have no dispute on their solos in the time since. I've liked all of them to varying degrees, even Soyeon's and I haven't liked any of her previous solo work.I sorta agree but then the question to that is does that indicate that there is a danger in allowing kpop idols too much freedom in the creative decision since from a GG perspective Idle (or rather Soyeon) is one of the only groups where a majority of the productions/composition/writing is done by the group for the TITLE TRACK. Like many many groups have had their had in the backend process but I have yet to see a GG where the company allowed them that much freedom in terms of the TT - often they get their hands dirty in the writing/production for a bside maybe or maybe have one credit on the TT but certainly not the majority
the other question with Idle is that Soyeon's solo recently did really well (K-charting wise) compared to the Idle songs
do you think that some of those albums are targeted more towards their international audience compared to a Korean one and hence their (below average) performance???Yeah, I have no dispute on their solos in the time since. I've liked all of them to varying degrees, even Soyeon's and I haven't liked any of her previous solo work.
It does make me wonder why their albums (We Made and We Are, specifically) feel comparatively phoned in. And like I said, I do think most artists (to the point of arguably very few who are the exceptions) do better when there is some pressure to edit, and as messed up as Cube is, they have been blatantly correct sometimes. I've thought about this a bit since seeing Soyeon say she's felt bad for how poorly Good Thing did, but there wasn't really any introspection on why that was such a miss either.
In a way, it kind of reminds me of another thread I saw that was about, which artists suck at picking their title track? And kind of reminds me of Taeyeon saying the songs she dislikes the most always do the best.
If that was the intent, then they did even worse at that loldo you think that some of those albums are targeted more towards their international audience compared to a Korean one and hence their (below average) performance???