What's Your Take On Minimalism? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Just a general question about Minimalism as a lifestyle.
What do you think of it?

Also just to preface if you don't know what it is-it's essentially living a life of minimal things.
Only keep things that are essential to your day to day life and functioning.
It doesn't mean you have to toss everything meaningful to you.
But it's more about only keeping what you need and not living in excess and
blowing your money on a bunch of useless crap.

My boyfriend and I both watched a documentary on it and he's already started clearing some of his things.
It's honestly amazing to see the difference it's made in how things look around his place
and how his life hasn't been impacted negatively by parting with these things either.
I'm probably going to start trying to clear out some of my stuff next week myself.​
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,397
Reactions Received
151,409
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Just a question because I'm curious-why do you think that?
Some things that are important and enjoyable to me are definitely not things I need. I'm too sentimental over some things that are definitely considered materialistic. Plus, I feel like a lot of the things that are materialistic are ways for me to express myself in a way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Some things that are important and enjoyable to me are definitely not things I need. I'm too sentimental over some things that are definitely considered materialistic. Plus, I feel like a lot of the things that are materialistic are ways for me to express myself in a way.
That's what I thought but things that pertain to your hobbies and stuff are things you use daily or frequently so those aren't things you would get rid of. I use my sketchbooks here and there but they are still things I use frequently enough that I would keep them when getting rid of all the things I don't need or use. (I think I fudged saying things you need not things you use).

Oh and like it says it doesn't mean getting rid of all your sentimental stuff either.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
Well I don't consider myself a minimalist but I don't care to be extravagant either however either way just live however you feel most comfortable as long as it's sustainable
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Well I don't consider myself a minimalist but I don't care to be extravagant either however either way just live however you feel most comfortable as long as it's sustainable
Yeah I think minimalism would personally work for me because I can't function in clutter very well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,397
Reactions Received
151,409
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
That's what I thought but things that pertain to your hobbies and stuff are things you use daily or frequently so those aren't things you would get rid of. I use my sketchbooks here and there but they are still things I use frequently enough that I would keep them when getting rid of all the things I don't need or use. (I think I fudged saying things you need not things you use).

Oh and like it says it doesn't mean getting rid of all your sentimental stuff either.
Yeah but I also have a lot of memories tied to things like stuffed animals, I like collecting things from other countries that just sit around doing nothing, I like posters, ect. In general I'm just a collecting type person.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Yeah but I also have a lot of memories tied to things like stuffed animals, I like collecting things from other countries that just sit around doing nothing, I like posters, ect. In general I'm just a collecting type person.
So am I-I'm the same way except for I collect books which I obviously don't use daily. The point is collecting is a hobby of sorts so you wouldn't toss what you collect.

But if you have an over abundance of blankets you would like to donate those maybe instead of clinging to them when you maybe only use one or three of them. Or if you have a bunch of clothes you don't wear or that don't fit anymore just parting with those things. I'm not trying to be pushy I just think I didn't explain it well enough so I'm trying to fix that.

:yolk:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
Yeah I think minimalism would personally work for me because I can't function in clutter very well.
I can get that, I keep some things spare for when they are needed but try and avoid hoarding things that would just sit somewhere and i'd never touch
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I can get that, I keep some things spare for when they are needed but try and avoid hoarding things that would just sit somewhere and i'd never touch
I'm kind of the same way-the only difference is I collect books and beanie babies LOL
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Abeamus

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
I'm kind of the same way-the only difference is I collect books and beanie babies LOL
Maybe one day you'll need a bunch of books and beanie babies for something :pandatea:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I like the concept. It's something I've tried to do, but I end up thinking "Well what if I need this later" and then I don't really give much away.
I'm nervous I may try to do that once I start my cleaning process.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tickita

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
I'm not quite a minimalist but close. My rule for stuff (especially clothing) is if I haven't used it in 2 -- 3 years I should get rid of it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread