When do you think will be the time when Dreamcatcher are not underrated anymore? (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Because imo, it's like they are trying to break through that underrated bubble they are in.
Usually when groups or solo idols are underrated, they have trouble growing even when they deserve to be in a much better position, hence why they are underrated, but I think DC are now starting to burst through that underrated bubble because their fanbase keeps growing and it's a pretty stable fanbase.

What do you think? Do you agree with me or do you have another opinion?
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I completly agree with you. It's just a question of when for dreamcatcher.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't know if they will be able to without changing their style, I feel like they fill niche now and people kinda get interested of them cause of that niche, but I don't think they will become one of biggest groups with rock, rock is still kinda outdated around the world even, people are all about pop and rap these days.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I completly agree with you. It's just a question of when for dreamcatcher.
Yes, I agree! They get more popular with each comeback!

I don't know if they will be able to without changing their style, I feel like they fill niche now and people kinda get interested of them cause of that niche, but I don't think they will become one of biggest groups with rock, rock is still kinda outdated around the world even, people are all about pop and rap these days.
lol I'm not saying they are going to be one of the biggest groups, nor do I think they will be, but I'm saying that because they keep growing as a group and doens't look like they are stopping, there will come a time where they won't be underrated anymore.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I think they're getting close, they just need that song that puts them squarely in public eye. Even if they can't manage to maintain that success
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Yes, I agree! They get more popular with each comeback!


lol I'm not saying they are going to be one of the biggest groups, nor do I think they will be, but I'm saying that because they keep growing as a group and doens't look like they are stopping, there will come a time where they won't be underrated anymore.
Lol yup I was thinking popular like BP, Twice or Mamamoo ^^;

I think they can have pretty steady fanbase as they are now, but I think their growth will probably hit limit at some point due to niche market they are aiming for. At that point they might change their sound and image to follow trends and try to appeal to masses like lot of ggs did in sexy concepts period (for example AOA, Girl's Day, Hello Venus), but sometimes it's better to stay in the niche you can dominate too.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I think they're getting close, they just need that song that puts them squarely in public eye. Even if they can't manage to maintain that success
Yeah it's a bit like for Fromis_9 it was Love Bomb, for Momoland it was Boom Boom, for Gfriend it was Rough? etc, so I think you are definitely right!

Lol yup I was thinking popular like BP, Twice or Mamamoo ^^;

I think they can have pretty steady fanbase as they are now, but I think their growth will probably hit limit at some point due to niche market they are aiming for. At that point they might change their sound and image to follow trends and try to appeal to masses like lot of ggs did in sexy concepts period (for example AOA, Girl's Day, Hello Venus), but sometimes it's better to stay in the niche you can dominate too.
Well I guess you never know, never underestimate a group and is still growing! 😉

They have actually said they are not going to change their concept and plus they have done a cute concept before and it failed because they couldn't stand out, but with the concept they are doing now, they stand out more.
Well it might be a niche market in Korea but it's not Internationally, also they are starting to do well in Japan and I think their International audience will help their audience in Korea, that's what I think :pandahappy:
 

GoldenBunny

RM's Bonsai Nanny
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
635
Reactions Received
2,191
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think they have the capability to be something a bit different with a unique fanbase from most girl groups because of the difference both in the concept and the sound. As in, it's taking them a while to build it but the demographic will be more male/female mixed than the average GG, solid and dedicated international fanbase, Big In Japan (which is *great* since there's so much money to be made there)

This is a good path not just for success reasons but for longevity - my guess and hope is that they'll have at least a bit longer viable career compared to most kpop girl groups because of all this and the way they're creating their own niche.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I think they have the capability to be something a bit different with a unique fanbase from most girl groups because of the difference both in the concept and the sound. As in, it's taking them a while to build it but the demographic will be more male/female mixed than the average GG, solid and dedicated international fanbase, Big In Japan (which is *great* since there's so much money to be made there)

This is a good path not just for success reasons but for longevity - my guess and hope is that they'll have at least a bit longer viable career compared to most kpop girl groups because of all this and the way they're creating their own niche.
Yes that is definitely true!
Afterall, Dreamcatcher is still a product in a business model (That sounds wrong lol), but what I find with building a business is that you have to get the blueprint/foundations stable before you can really build and it looks like that Dreamcatcher Company is doing that and that is why like you said, they'll have a longer career if done right.
As long as they don't change who they are and still have that Dreamcatcher sound and concept, they'll go far!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread