Which genres should be more present in K-Pop? (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
With the countless sub genres to K-Pop like rock, hip-hop, ballads and whatnot, what is one genre you think should be more used by Idols/Groups/Entertainments/Producers etc.?

For me, definitely Hardstyle, not the extreme kind that you find on Spotify when searching for it, but sth that A.C.E has done with Cactus & Callin




and D.holic with Color me rad



there might be a few more groups who have done it before which I don't know about, if there are please let me know!

I do hope that EVERGLOW is gonna go with it as well since the beginning melody of their MV teaser reminds me of it
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
more Rock; less Hip Hop.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
More rock is always nice, I think more hard rock or even metal would be really nice, but I think only FT.Island has done sth like that? I think it's risky genre though, rock isn't that popular in Korea and hard rock or metal is step further.

Folk would be fun, that's sth AKMU has done, but I would like to hear more.

KNK had recently synthpop comeback I adored so more synthpop also <3
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
More rock is always nice, I think more hard rock or even metal would be really nice, but I think only FT.Island has done sth like that? I think it's risky genre though, rock isn't that popular in Korea and hard rock or metal is step further.

Folk would be fun, that's sth AKMU has done, but I would like to hear more.

KNK had recently synthpop comeback I adored so more synthpop also <3
Folk is defenlty popular in Korea. I just don't know how an idol group would do that.
 
Joined
6 April 2019
Messages
801
Reactions Received
3,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
More rock is always nice, I think more hard rock or even metal would be really nice, but I think only FT.Island has done sth like that? I think it's risky genre though, rock isn't that popular in Korea and hard rock or metal is step further.
I feel like as far as commercial success goes,the korean music industry is very monotone

it's like you're either an idol singing pop or an indie artist singing generic ballads
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Folk is defenlty popular in Korea. I just don't know how an idol group would do that.
For some reason it's more deserved to duos.. like AKMU and BOL4 have both some folk songs. I think idol group could attempt sth like they do, they don't have to go all folk after all.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
For some reason it's more deserved to duos.. like AKMU and BOL4 have both some folk songs. I think idol group could attempt sth like they do, they don't have to go all folk after all.
yeah I know. It seems like duo‘s are the thing in folk. And Solar‘s solo project singles are all folk songs for example too.
I do think some more pop folk version could maybe work
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
yeah I know. It seems like duo‘s are the thing in folk. And Solar‘s solo project singles are all folk songs for example too.
I do think some more pop folk version could maybe work
Idol groups can be surprisingly versatile so i think they could make it work ^^
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,391
Reactions Received
151,403
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Rock :sanapray:


classical inspired music. i believe loona is the only kpop group who ever did that.

Vixx and bb4 sampled moonlight sonata and some other classical sing respectively, if you want to check them out.
 
Joined
6 October 2018
Messages
38
Reactions Received
119
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Rock :sanapray:



Vixx and bb4 sampled moonlight sonata and some other classical sing respectively, if you want to check them out.
omg i totally forgot that!! props on them
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
The “I don’t sing I just stare into the camera and pose for 3 and a half minutes” genre
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
more Rock; less Hip Hop.
I came here to say this :nakypog:
More rock, maybe some more R&B-influenced tracks, and way less hiphop or the EDM rap that a lot of boy groups do.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I'd like to see less dance tracks and edm and more rock and folk music (R&B too). I know there's definitely a market with how popular AKMU, Cho Yong-pil, and IU are but the kpop genre might be too dance heavy for such a transition. BTOB was able to make it work but their performances started to focus less on complex choreography and maturing into a ballad group.

My favorite AKMU track:


Personally I'm a huge fan of ballads and would actually love to see more.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I came here to say this :nakypog:
More rock, maybe some more R&B-influenced tracks, and way less hiphop or the EDM rap that a lot of boy groups do.
:sanapray: of course we would think the same
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: mirella and Myco

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread