Which language is prettier? Korean or Japanese? (1 Viewer)

Joined
25 February 2019
Messages
1,009
Reactions Received
3,554
Location
SHINee Academy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Even though I'm a k-pop fan I still think that Japanese is the prettiest language between the two. Something about how it sounds is so cool and their words for ordinary things always sound so beautiful lol. Plus it seems pretty easy to learn compared to Korean, but I guess that just depends on the person.
 
Joined
25 February 2019
Messages
1,009
Reactions Received
3,554
Location
SHINee Academy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I've never known much about japan but then i started listening to kpop artists' japanese versions of songs...and I still don't know much about japan, but i do have an appreciation for the way the language sounds, now. Though i dont like jpop because its got a different style, if you took the korean version of a korean song, or the japaenes version , I'd easily choose the japanese version
So does that mean you think Japanese is prettier or... :sanathink:
 
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
2,257
Reactions Received
4,120
Location
Hellevator
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
59,692
Pronouns
Haewon's yeobo
Korean for me. I also find imo Korean easier than Japanese but that might just be me.

Kinda off and on topic. But I play a online game which is actually Korean so the voices in it are Korean but 80% of the people playing it will prefer Japanese voices in it rather than the original ones lol. So all in all in general I think people will like Japanese more than Korean.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bulletproof
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think it depends. Generally I find japanese to be overall prettier but, I usually prefer things in their original language. Like, I prefer most kpop songs in their korean version rather than their japanese counterparts, because it's the language the song was intended to be sung in, and the same goes for dubs of anime, tv shows, movies, etc. where I just prefer watching/listening to it in the original language, because it feels more natural that way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bulletproof

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I like both, but I kinda prefer korean. Maybe I’m just used to it :jisoosmh:
 
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
Having studied both, I personally enjoy Japanese - both written and spoken - a little bit more. Both languages are beautiful, of course!

One particular thing I like more about Korean is that it's a lot less nasal... although it's A LOT harder to listen to as a learner.
 
Last edited:
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
Also am i the only person who thinks chinese Mandarin is also just as pretty as korean and japanese? Maybe just me , since im learning mandarin, learned japanese, and speak korean lol
It is pretty, both written and spoken!

I'd love to learn Mandarin too, but the sounds seem to be quite hard to properly pronounce... maybe someday!
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Written Japanese knocks the hella ugly Hangul outta the park
 

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
After hearing both Korean and Japanese out in the wild in public as a non-speaker of both, I think Korean tends to sound nicer when spoken by an average person. At least to me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread