- Joined
- 6 August 2019
- Messages
- 395
- Reactions Received
- 2,098
- Location
- United States
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Male
I was going to mention Jihyo since she's my favorite in Twice, but the audio quality of her recorded solos has been so bad. IIRC her Melody Project solos were fancam-quality live recordings, and the solo in the OP is from a vlive. When I first head her cover of Butterfly I thought the guitar accompaniment was from a synth since the notes were so flat. About 2/3 or 3/4 of the way through the song I heard the fret hand fingers sliding on the strings and realized it was a real acoustic guitar, just very poorly recorded.I can’t choose between Chaeyoung, Mina and Jihyo. They all did great and chose songs which suit theirs voices while conveying a lot of emotion.
I feel the same about Jihyo track quality and she is my bias too.I was going to mention Jihyo since she's my favorite in Twice, but the audio quality of her recorded solos has been so bad. IIRC her Melody Project solos were fancam-quality live recordings, and the solo in the OP is from a vlive. When I first head her cover of Butterfly I thought the guitar accompaniment was from a synth since the notes were so flat. About 2/3 or 3/4 of the way through the song I heard the fret hand fingers sliding on the strings and realized it was a real acoustic guitar, just very poorly recorded.
Chaeyoung and Mina got well engineered recordings, and Jihyo should be given the same quality.