Who is the true queen of American pop? (2 Viewers)

Joined
25 February 2019
Messages
1,009
Reactions Received
3,554
Location
SHINee Academy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I see people saying it's Ariana Grande like we don't have a whole Lady Gaga right there. But I'm curious as to what you all would have to say if you had to choose between the two? To me it's gonna be Lady Gaga of course. Way better concepts, songs, and voice. Besides, you would be lying if you didn't jam out to 'Bad Romance' or 'Judas'.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Rihanna or Beyonce

but between Lady Gaga and Ariana, I'd say Gaga
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
As of right now, Ariana is on top and shitting on everybody but she also hasn't really had any competition for the past couple of years with Rihanna focusing on makeup, Gaga making more singer-songwriter type stuff, Katy Perry's last album being a flop and Beyonce hasn't really been making pop music since 4, in my opinion.

TBH, I think Rihanna and Beyonce are at a point in their careers where they don't really care about making mainstream pop songs anymore and Gaga is sort of unpredictable because her songs sort of always sound pop no matter what genre she's writing in, her style just naturally leans that way. Then there is Katy Perry, who just seems to be in it for the money at this point and doesn't seem to be too enthused with her own music. Plus there are rumours that Rihanna's next album might be her last in a long time as she plans to focus more on her business empire with her makeup and fashion brands.

The only real competition being posed against Ariana right now is maybe Taylor Swift but even then I feel like Taylor is a lot more divisive from a general public standpoint after all of her public feuds whereas Ariana is almost universally loved after the way in which she handled the Manchester bombings. Then there are a couple of up and comers like Dua Lipa, Camila Cabello & Normani but they're all a LONG WAY off being on Ariana or Taylor's level...
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Queen to me is something more of legendary and legacy status, I was actually thinking Madonna and Beyonce before clicking.

I think Ariana Grande is the front leader of american pop at the moment though, I feel like Gaga's popularity has dropped a bit, I haven't heard any newer songs from her though I know she made movie that was best seller.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread