Appreciation Who's Driving the Bus? (1 Viewer)

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Most people don't actively and deliberately use their own brains.
Your brain is like a machine without an "off" switch. If you don't give it something to do, it just runs on and on until it gets bored.

If you put someone in a sensory deprivation tank where there's no external experience, he'll start generating internal experience. If your brain is sitting around without anything to do, it's going to start doing something, and it doesn't seem to care what it is.

You may care, but it doesn't. For example, have you ever been just sitting around minding your own business, or sound asleep, when suddenly your brain flashes a picture that scares the pants off you?

How often do people wake up in the middle of the night because they just relived an ecstatically pleasurable experience? If you've had a bad day, then later your brain will show you vivid reruns, over and over again.

It's not enough that you had a bad day; you can ruin the whole evening, and perhaps part of next week, too. Most people don't stop there.

How many of you think about unpleasant things that happened long ago? It's as if your brain is saying, "Let's do it again! We've got an hour before lunch, let's think about something that's really depressing. Maybe we can get angry about it three years too late."

Have you heard about "unfinished business"? It's finished; you just didn't like the way it came out.

One woman told me that she was happy all the time; she didn't let things get to her. I asked her how she did it, and she said "Well, those unpleasant thoughts come into my mind, but I just turn the brightness down." Brightness is one of the "submodalities" of the visual modality. Submodalities are universal elements that can be used to change any visual image, no matter what the content is. The auditory and kinesthetic modalities also have submodalities, but for now we'll play with the visual submodalities. Brightness is only one of many things you can vary

Submodalities are the smaller elements within each modality. For example, a few of the visual Submodalities are brightness, color, size, distance, location, and focus. Knowledge of Submodalities opens up a whole new realm of change patterns that are even faster, easier, and more specific.

Source: Park Soo-young (박수영)

 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
4,096
Reactions Received
13,689
Location
Throwing rotten eggs at Pledis
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I always knew Joy was an intellectual but I never knew she was a prodigy :pandawatch::joysip::pandalove:
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
wow, this is something else, but I love it
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
4,096
Reactions Received
13,689
Location
Throwing rotten eggs at Pledis
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and jasque

Sory

I see that I'm Icy
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
6,873
Reactions Received
17,910
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Another excellent post Chahee. Wish I could control these images that my brain wants me to see and just turn off the brightness. What a wonderful power it would be.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and jasque

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
its kinda like having multiple rooms for me, alot of things are filed in different areas in my head, so when i close a door whatevers in that room is not active or paused. saying that i have multple doors open through out the day, some rooms more busy than others but i can hear things going on in the other rooms. there's also rooms that haven't been opened for a while and a few that are left on a door chain letting things slip through on a lower level. there's one thats locked that i pass every so often.. its shakes a little here and there but i won't open it, not willingly..

Wow...seeing it written down is kinda weird...but that how i see it.
 

Sory

I see that I'm Icy
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
6,873
Reactions Received
17,910
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
its kinda like having multiple rooms, alot of things are filed in different areas in my head, so when i close a door whatever in that room is not active or paused. saying that i have multple doors open through out the day, some rooms more busy than others but i can hear things going on in the other rooms. there are also a room that hasn't been opened for a while and a few that are left of a door chain letting things slip through on a lower level. there's one that locked that i pass every so often.. its shakes a little here and there but i won't open it, not willingly..

Wow...seeing it written down is kinda weird...but that how i see it.

No I get it. It’s a good description

❤💞❤
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Another excellent post Chahee. Wish I could control these images that my brain wants me to see and just turn off the brightness. What a wonderful power it would be.
You can, we all can.

I mean, if you think more in words you can change the volume or the speaker xD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and Sory

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
No I get it. It’s a good description

❤💞❤
Ah okay. i think its easier to describe in that way, i think the harder part is explaining whats in the rooms, there's a lot of rooms, some are visual, smell related and just pure audio. I don't really remember when i started sorting things like that though..it just became normal probably 16ish i think.. cause before that its was a mess lol
 

Sory

I see that I'm Icy
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
6,873
Reactions Received
17,910
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
You can, we all can.

I mean, if you think more in words you can change the volume or the speaker xD
Well not at the moment. The voices are so loud sometimes, I have to scream to shut them down. I have impulse to hurt me , bang my head until I’m knocked out and feel dizzy so I don’t hear them anymore. That’s my mental state right now.

Hopefully one day I will overcome this and take back the control of my brain.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread