Why are kpop fans shocked that idols are assholes? (1 Viewer)

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I think personally for me, it has something to do with how harsh companies train them. They want them to be perfect and have this good attitude during training so I guess we expect them to be kind idols that help grannies cross the street in their spare time.
 

igloo

cheesecake is delicious
.
Joined
31 August 2018
Messages
2,562
Reactions Received
15,940
Location
in the rain
Website
www.pinterest.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,748
Fandom
N/A
Gender
Male
Ship
tbh idols would be more likely if anything to be rude and mean and conceited
because they are looking to take a position of fame and influence
and someone who is already narcissistic is going to want to be in that position
it's the same reason you'll see a disproportionate amount of corrupt politicians
because people who are already corrupt would obviously want to be politicians to profit off of the role
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I think personally for me, it has something to do with how harsh companies train them. They want them to be perfect and have this good attitude during training so I guess we expect them to be kind idols that help grannies cross the street in their spare time.
I think it has a lot to do with the competitive nature of Korean society as a whole.

At the same time, since failure for them isn't an option, the companies sell that image of perfect human beings, that sing and dance with no mistakes. That while pretending they are always happy.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I mean it's one thing to be an ass, it's another to be absolutely vile and bully someone for 10 years and be the sole reason they're absolutely miserable
I even consider myself quite insensitive, but this situation was so wrong that it got to me.
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
Idols are actually more likely to be like that lol. It's delulusional of people to think their biases are angels. I have been living in a girl's dorm for 2 years (we are like 100 girls in the building and mostly know each other) and barely did I see any fights. With idols, there has been so many weird stories that I have been questioning if they are actually adults lol. It's i guess related to the environment they are living in. Competitive as hell.
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I agree with the general consensus from the comments already - that anyone can be an asshole, but to bully someone is another thing entirely. For so long too. At that point, to drive someone to where Mina is right now, means you're just a shitty human being.

(I apologise for the negative comment about another person (Jimin), but this situation with Mina and her story has hit hard, and I'm not of any other opinion about Jimin, taking into account her own responses to Mina).
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and eclipsoul

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
You can be an asshole all you want. That's fine. Well, to an extant. However, bullying someone for over a decade just makes you ruthless and completely unlikable. That's just being a complete scumbag more than anything
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
My bias guides baby turtles back to the sea.
I'm Gucci
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,036
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,954
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I just feel like as the role models they are to the normal folk. It's both unexpected and very disappointing to hear it, when it does happen.
Plus since they always, mostly feel somewhat entitled. Their snobbery goes alongside that and makes it 10 fold worse.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
fans just have this crazy fantasy about their fave celebrity. that’s why when suddenly something gets out, everyone is angry and shocked
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think in general you will believe good of people, why not even more of idols whose job is to appear squeky clean and admirable. Believing in the good isn't bad thing though. Sometimes the bad side is just... surprisingly bad.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread