Why Did Solar's Solo Debut Underperform? (1 Viewer)

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Was it the song? Was the concept? Was it because Solar is not popular in South Korea? Why do you think she under-performed, digitally?
-
I personally liked the song so I'm not entirely sure why it didn't do better than it did.

​
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
The song is a bit underwhelming but considering the coverage she got for get teasers, I assumed she'd do a bit better.

I know Hwasa is the huge one but I thought the others were decently popular. Guess not
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
The song is a bit underwhelming but considering the coverage she got for get teasers, I assumed she'd do a bit better.

I know Hwasa is the huge one but I thought the others were decently popular. Guess not
I think Wheein does quite well with some releases and flops with others. It doesn't seem like Hwasa is Suzy-ing Mamamoo in popularity but it also seems like she is. At least their fandom supports all members.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
Spit It Out and Eclipse aren't really the kind of songs that I think would be well received although it didn't really seem like there was anticipation for them either since I don't recall them debuting high so maybe Hwasa and Wheein are just the only two that the public really care about although with Wheein Easy didn't do well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkyoda47

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I just think that the solo releases of Mamamoo have had mixed reactions in general.
Hwasa blew up for a good reason and that was noticable with her promotions.
On the other side the other girls ( Moonbyul and Solar especcially) have had released songs under their name that don't seem to be the sound korea typically goes for.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread