Why did Taiwan reject gay marriage? (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
What a complicated situation and really sad for the Taiwanese people who are pro-marriage equality. However, I do believe that there will be another referendum this month but because of this vote that has already gone, it can't be full marriage rights, but they will have more rights if they win this big referendum:


Also, I would like to post this Jolin Tsai MV who is big on marriage equality:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
It's so sad how a loud minority can spoil things for the majority...
I agree! But it also baffles me how this small majority can be allowed to spoil things for the majority.
If the majority was conservative homophobic people and the minority were in the same shoes as the majority now and roles were switched, I pretty much think that there would be no referendums and same-sex marriages would automatically not be allowed.
But even though marriage equality is the majority in Taiwan, they are still not managing to get full rights even though they are most likely to win the referendum this month.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread