Sensitive Why do Dad's Do This Shit? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I'm going to be honest.
I have two really old pets.
They technically aren't mine and are more our family pets.
Our dog is 14.
Our cat is 19.
BOTH very clearly have Alzheimers/dementia/sundowners.
They get confused. My cat will forget she ate and meow her head off until she settles.
My dog has lower back issues and her back legs aren't the best.
She also now is starting to have some incontinence issues.

It's rare but she will have accidents on the floor on occasion.
My mom and I have no issue cleaning them up.
He refuses to, but he started shouting and going off.
Just ranting and raving about how we will never get other pets because
it's ridiculous that they keep shitting and having accidents in the house.
All this shit.

I know they are just pets but they are old.
You wouldn't fucking shout like that about an old person having accidents.
He also tells me all the damn time how he changed my diaper so when he gets old
I'll be changing his diaper.

I don't plan on doing that.
The way he treats our pets in their old age.
He doesn't deserve a damn thing.

Sorry, this was more of a rant.
Maybe I'm just too patient with animals and pets.
But dammit, they can't talk to us and they have no clue they are
not all their anymore either.

Makes me mad when he says shit like that.​
 

Juniverse

Local Backstabber ♡
.
Joined
1 January 2020
Messages
11,006
Reactions Received
21,104
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
498
Fandom
Deobi
Wreck
He also tells me all the damn time how he changed my diaper so when he gets old
I'll be changing his diaper.
So many parents act horribly towards their children or others and then expect this. They're the types of people who think respect is automatically given, not earned.

I also know what you're going through, we had a dog for 15 years and by the end, she was blind, didn't have any teeth so she required a special food, and was suffering from kidney disease which made her completely incontinent. She just died last week.
Screenshot-2022-11-13-12-43-14-PM.png
dog.png


It's really sad how much she changed

I'm really sorry that's happening to you :izhug: your dad sounds like an asshole
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
So many parents act horribly towards their children or others and then expect this. They're the types of people who think respect is automatically given, not earned.

I also know what you're going through, we had a dog for 15 years and by the end, she was blind, didn't have any teeth so she required a special food, and was suffering from kidney disease which made her completely incontinent. She just died last week.
Screenshot-2022-11-13-12-43-14-PM.png
dog.png


It's really sad how much she changed

I'm really sorry that's happening to you :izhug: your dad sounds like an asshole
I'm so sorry for your loss. She looks like she was a cutie pie and sweet.

Thanks. He's always been unnecessarily hostile toward the pets but I'm just tired of it.
He definitely is the type who thinks he automatically gets respect when he doesn't deserve it.
I hate that he acts like I am NOT in the animal care field to top it off. Like you really think I DON'T get pissed or hurt when you say shit like that!?!?
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Juniverse
Joined
24 September 2021
Messages
5,599
Reactions Received
6,997
Location
I'm fuckin' rollin, Xanax, percs
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
When you take in a pet, you take on full responsibility for them. That means when they are young and capable, and older with special requirements for care. We don't shout and degrade elderly people for getting old and having accidents, why consider is acceptable against a cat or dog ?
People who hurt animals, any animals, will burn in the lowest pit of hell. Especially if that animal is old and incapable of fighting back. Fuck your dad. Shit & piss will come out his mouth when he gets old. Hoping the best for your pets and may they spend their final months/years here in peace, taken care off.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
When you take in a pet, you take on full responsibility for them. That means when they are young and capable, and older with special requirements for care. We don't shout and degrade elderly people for getting old and having accidents, why consider is acceptable against a cat or dog ?
People who hurt animals, any animals, will burn in the lowest pit of hell. Especially if that animal is old and incapable of fighting back. Fuck your dad. Shit & piss will come out his mouth when he gets old. Hoping the best for your pets and may they spend their final months/years here in peace, taken care off.
Thank you. They are really sweet old gals who deserve the world.

He just has no empathy for animals and it's disgusting.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: shika
Joined
3 January 2021
Messages
9,062
Reactions Received
8,671
Location
Hugging the brightest star next to the moon
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,302
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Gender
Female, Non-Binary, Other
Pronouns
She/Her
Thank you. They are really sweet old gals who deserve the world.

He just has no empathy for animals and it's disgusting.
I'm not gonna lie. A lot of times I have more empathy for animals than humans :pepeslippy::nekosweat:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I think some people think that animals will never need assistance as they get older and it’s why a lot of old cuties end up abandoned. :umjicry: They’re living creatures and just like humans as they age things won’t work like they used to. I’ve told some people what I do for my cats care, both of them get treatment for their cancers, my oldest girl has had lots of trouble with her surgery and needs to be cleaned up quiet frequently. My younger one has major incontinence issues and needs three meds given throughout the week. People will say “That’s too much work” or “I couldn’t have a pet like that.” That’s not how it works, pets are part of the family and their needs/care can drastically change as they get older. Once you adopt, they’re your responsibility, whether it be play time or cleaning them up because they peed on themself.
I’m so sorry your having to deal with that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread