Why do kpop and jpop songs randomly mention... (1 Viewer)

Kimono

Woo Woo Wa Baby
.
Joined
13 August 2019
Messages
940
Reactions Received
1,770
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Random sweet foods in English? There are countless songs where they suddenly say “chocolate kiss” “candy smooch” ice cream love” or something like that. Is there something behind this? Just wondering what it is lol.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think it's just cause those words are considered cute or appealing. Something similar as t-shirts randomly having texts on them like "Princess" or "Holiday" or:




It doesn't have to make sense as long as it sounds good to someone's ears who isn't that familiar with English :jisoosmh:
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I guess because most songs are about love and love is supposed to feel sweet, so it makes sense to compare it to tasty treats :P
Yes that’s true 😌
 

Kimono

Woo Woo Wa Baby
.
Joined
13 August 2019
Messages
940
Reactions Received
1,770
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
All I could gather is that it is associated with “kawaii culture”. For example hello kitty and Sanrio are associated with sweets... I have some Sanrio stuff and so much of it features cakes or sweets in some way. But why in English I don’t know
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think it's just cause those words are considered cute or appealing. Something similar as t-shirts randomly having texts on them like "Princess" or "Holiday" or:




It doesn't have to make sense as long as it sounds good to someone's ears who isn't that familiar with English :jisoosmh:
You mean something like

46491
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,028
Reactions Received
52,930
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,535
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
You mean something like

46491
I had a colleague from china a few year staff ago who wore a t-shirt to work tat had text (different) but with meaning tat wasn't wat she probably wanted it to mean. (I was in Singapore working as graphic designer in a printing factory, she was qc dept-I don't remember her English fluency as being more than rudimentary, maybe good but not sophisticated as to parse wat her t-shirt meaning in depth-i never talked to her abt it, it would hv been awkward. (I hv no thots on OP rn.)
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
like people said: it‘s more about love being associated with sweet things
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Peaches and Cream, sweeter than sweet, chocolate cheeks and chocolate wings llama_twerk

Related image
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted member 289

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread