Why do ppl have a problem with changing pronouns in songs? (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I see it so much when ppl are like really happy when idols or just ppl generally covering songs don't change any of the pronouns in it...
Which for me just... seems weird!

Like... to me a good cover is about taking smbdy elses song and performing it your own way. Performing it in a way that makes it your own and not just trying to emulate the original. Sooooo it just makes sense to change the pronouns! Bcs if YOU are performing the song, you should use the pronouns that are most relevant to YOU so you can properly convey the emotions and the meaning.

Bcs like... if you are a straight guy covering a straight female singers song... You won't be able to grasp the same emotions singing about guys. I mean it's definitely doable but it'll be a lot harder etc.

So yeah... rant over.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I would change pronouns only if I cover a song about a male love interest otherwise no :lazypotato:
To each their own ig, I'm just weirded out bcs some ppl make a real big deal about it if ppl do or don't change them.
Esp among idol fans, I've seen ppl get SO mad when a male idol covers a GG song and changes pronouns.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
To each their own ig, I'm just weirded out bcs some ppl make a real big deal about it if ppl do or don't change them.
Esp among idol fans, I've seen ppl get SO mad when a male idol covers a GG song and changes pronouns.
I don’t see the problem 😅😅
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
People want their faves to show support for the LGBT+ community or signal that they may be part of the LGBT+ community in a society that is pretty anti-LGBT+ that's why they freak out when idols and their faves don't change pronouns for songs. I mean, I've seen people even lose their shit over a group like Cimorelli changing the pronouns in their songs.
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,603
Reactions Received
43,662
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,477
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i see nothing wrong with people being happy about not changing pronouns in a song. as long as they don't complain about pronouns in case they are changed i think we should let them be because they're not harming anyone by being happy about something like that. also we don't know these idols personally so we can't assume they're all straight. but if someone seriously complains about pronouns being changed then i don't really get that either, it's just a cover and it's really not worth complaining. if an idol covered one of my favourite songs then i wouldn't even care about the pronouns, i would just be happy that it happened.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
i see nothing wrong with people being happy about not changing pronouns in a song. as long as they don't complain about pronouns in case they are changed i think we should let them be because they're not harming anyone by being happy about something like that. also we don't know these idols personally so we can't assume they're all straight. but if someone seriously complains about pronouns being changed then i don't really get that either, it's just a cover and it's really not worth complaining. if an idol covered one of my favourite songs then i wouldn't even care about the pronouns, i would just be happy that it happened.
true enough, ppl being happy they aren't changed is fine, I don't get it personally, but who am I to take away someone's joy
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread