Why do vegetarians/vegans get so much shit? (1 Viewer)

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,359
Reactions Received
75,438
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
142,175
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
I used to be vegetarian for well over a decade. I still have a primarily vegetarian diet. Out of respect for my dad’s side, mainly my grandma who raised me the most, I refrain from eating meat on Indian holidays. There’s one going on now for 9 days.
An old friend wanted to meet up and have dinner and when I told her I wasn’t eating meat atm, she had such a judgmental tone.

Like girl . . . im not dying <.< I rarely consume animal products in general other than the occasional dairy ice cream and cheesecake. Not eating chicken for 9 days isn’t gonna kill me. Vegetarians/vegans have always gotten this kinda fake concern from people as if theyre murdering humans for some sacrifice to the animals gods.
The 3 loud peta vegans don’t represent all so let vegetarians and vegans eat in peace.​
 
Last edited:

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
No idea to be honest. My mom and I went on an all vegan diet for a month and anytime we told someone irl they had a similar reaction. It’s very odd. Especially since you can get all the nutrients you need from many different kinds of food. Also vegan and vegetarian food is amazing.
:ankha:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Nina

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,014
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
I think that friend was thinking too much about themselves, it's not like it's something unheard of. My bestfriends were vegetarian for about three years and it never had any affect on me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Nina

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,359
Reactions Received
75,438
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
142,175
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
No idea to be honest. My mom and I went on an all vegan diet for a month and anytime we told someone irl they had a similar reaction. It’s very odd. Especially since you can get all the nutrients you need from many different kinds of food. Also vegan and vegetarian food is amazing.
:ankha:
riiiight
plus there's so many international cuisines that are 100% vegetarian.
And partly why i like vegetarian food is because i dont have to worry about food poisoning from bad meat. Also, i dont know how to cook it other than boiling chicken for my dog <.<

Vegetables and fruits are very honest. You can't hide mold once it starts. XD
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
No clue. I’ve been vegan for 7 years and I got so much crap for it. Some of my family members would go and on about how I need to gain weight, get more protein, etc. and I even became the laughing stock for them and their stupid jokes. Just let me eat how I want and leave me alone
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Willow and Nina

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,359
Reactions Received
75,438
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
142,175
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
No clue. I’ve been vegan for 7 years and I got so much crap for it. Some of my family members would go and on about how I need to gain weight, get more protein, etc. and I even became the laughing stock for them and their stupid jokes. Just let me eat how I want and leave me alone
:pepecry1:im sorry you gotta deal with shit people in your family.
They need to see the light. People put in so much effort to cook the perfect steak or season fried chicken.
If they put in half as much effort and thought into cooking vegan dishes, theyd realized seasoned stewed spicy potatoes are :ankha: delicious!!!!!!!!!!!
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow and lexus
Joined
3 January 2021
Messages
9,062
Reactions Received
8,671
Location
Hugging the brightest star next to the moon
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,302
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Gender
Female, Non-Binary, Other
Pronouns
She/Her
I tried going vegan when I was younger but couldn't do it unfortunately. I don't even eat a lot of meat as is. Some people's bodies require a minimum of meat to get nutrition completely.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nina

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,359
Reactions Received
75,438
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
142,175
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
because being vegan/vegetarian is a crime against hummanity apparently, we should be tried in the hague for that ig :confusedcat:
You enjoy eating food that grows from the ground? You should be ashamed of yourself. Go repent.

My brother jokes about vegans/vegetarians so yeah… I am either of them but I try to eat more healthily and less meat
Jokes I can handle. Some are fun. But the judgement from some is a big no and makes no sense.

I tried going vegan when I was younger but couldn't do it unfortunately. I don't even eat a lot of meat as is. Some people's bodies require a minimum of meat to get nutrition completely.
this I understand. For health reasons if you need a specific source or if you aren’t able to get certain nutrients from vegetarian food because of allergies or any personal reason.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
A lot of things like this tend to be down to having a narrow perspective same as if you tell someone you don't like coffee or alcohol people are like "what?" because they genuinely can't fathom such a thing and I think for some people it goes further into jealousy because some things they would want to do themselves but don't have the self restraint to change their lifestyle.

It's something you can especially see when you meet the people who are like "oh you just haven't had the right _____" like keep telling yourself that :pandatea:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Nina

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
People shouldn't make comments about vegetarians/vegans , but it also doesn't help that same vegans give vegans or vegetarians a bad name by saying shit like the coming out as LGBT is selfish and coming out as vegan is super kind. Obviously I don’t think that all vegans or vegetarians are like that but some idiots can’t differentiate extremists from normal people. :irenecrazy:
But yeah idt it matters what you eat in any way, what matters is do you say stupid shit or not and try to push you agenda. And that applies to people who eat a lot of meat down to people who eat no meat.
 

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,359
Reactions Received
75,438
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
142,175
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
narrow perspective same as if you tell someone you don't like coffee or alcohol
:pepecross: I got this a lot with avocados too. For a while i just said i was allergic to them because even my own fam were like, "what? are you human?"
People shouldn't make comments about vegetarians/vegans , but it also doesn't help that same vegans give vegans or vegetarians a bad name by saying shit like the coming out as LGBT is selfish and coming out as vegan is super kind. Obviously I don’t think that all vegans or vegetarians are like that but some idiots can’t differentiate extremists from normal people. :irenecrazy:
But yeah idt it matters what you eat in any way, what matters is do you say stupid shit or not and try to push you agenda. And that applies to people who eat a lot of meat down to people who eat no meat.
We don't acknowledge those heathen. :pepecross:
But sometimes it is just mean
:( yeah
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
:pepecross: I got this a lot with avocados too. For a while i just said i was allergic to them because even my own fam were like, "what? are you human?"

We don't acknowledge those heathen. :pepecross:

:( yeah
I've heard it about things like Steak too especially "you just haven't had a good Steak" like you're really missing out on anything when there's a whole world of food out that and most people haven't even heard of let alone tried 50% of it
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Nina

NBW

Joined
21 June 2020
Messages
248
Reactions Received
377
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
sadly its how it goes usually in this day and age. the ones giving a bad reputation speak louder and people tend to generalize everything. i do think anyone with a minimum idea of how an healthy diet is knows that not eating meat isnt that big of a deal. my cousin is about 90kg of pure muscle and he's a vegan. if somebody can look like a huge monster with a diet like that, u clearly can survive lol

also i think a lot of things that came from what ur parents believed, came from what their parents believed and so forth. a lot of old generation myths are still vivid in everyones mind. my sister constantly tells my mom off on certain stuff, cause she's now studying those exact health related issues
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nina

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,597
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,428
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i believe it's all generalization. i used to be vegan (now vegetarian) and never cared if someone isn't but there tend to be very loud people who claim that if you don't become a vegan you don't give a fuck about the environment etc. without considering that certain people can't afford vegan products on a daily basis and such statements give them a bad reputation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nina

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread