why do you think its hard for bgs to gain gp recognition? (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
its common knowledge now that bgs tend to lack when it comes to the gp showing interest in them, minus a few exceptions, they usually are only supported by their fandom. why do you guys think that?

personally i think that its because the majority of them dont release gp friendly music, and because there are so many boy groups that they all kinda blend together.

thoughts?
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Probably biases against them.
Female fans are seen as crazier so I think they tend to stay away from them.
As for gp friendly music some do and some don't, there's way to much variety to say if they do or not.
Also not to mention YG acts have more recognition because the public associates them with good music so that's definitely one of the biases showing
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Probably biases against them.
Female fans are seen as crazier so I think they tend to stay away from them.
As for gp friendly music some do and some don't, there's way to much variety to say if they do or not.
Also not to mention YG acts have more recognition because the public associates them with good music so that's definitely one of the biases showing
I think that the majority of bgs with bigger fandoms tend to not release gp friendly music tbh. of course there are exceptions but I don't think it would be a reach to say that the majority of them release music that doesnt fit the gps taste. but yes it also has to do with the fact that the fans are seen as crazy.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think that the majority of bgs with bigger fandoms tend to not release gp friendly music tbh. of course there are exceptions but I don't think it would be a reach to say that the majority of them release music that doesnt fit the gps taste. but yes it also has to do with the fact that the fans are seen as crazy.
You're not wrong about that but I think a lot of the ggs that are popular don't always do so either. Dalla Dalla doesn't strike anyone as Korean gp friendly but if I remember it did really well? I think at least, I'd double check that.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
You're not wrong about that but I think a lot of the ggs that are popular don't always do so either. Dalla Dalla doesn't strike anyone as Korean gp friendly but if I remember it did really well? I think at least, I'd double check that.
your right about that. but tbh dalla dalla was kinda catchy, I didn't even really like the song and it was stuck in my head. I think that girl groups tend to add some sort of catchiness to the song which makes it more listenable. I think when bgs apply this it works better for them. for example, one of the biggest hits last year was bwl. now of course bts already had their name out there and armys were streaming the song like crazy, but the gp also really liked it as well. it was a catchy pop song that had replayability. now of course this isnt the case for everything, not every bg who releases a catchy pop song makes it big, but they have a better chance at reaching the gp if they do it that way.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I was a big bg stan. Recently, I only turn to ggs
I don't think they're interesting enough. They almost all sound the same tbh
Apart from a few, I have to completely agree with this.
GGs seem to have a much more variety to them than BGs do.
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Apart from a few, I have to completely agree with this.
GGs seem to have a much more variety to them than BGs do.
problem is that bg's stick to the formula that "works".
Groups like NCT try to make something different but they're just called "the group with the noice" or "flops"
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
it really depends on the group. the market is saturated so only a couple of bg‘s stick out for the gp.
+ more soloist are popular with the gp. A Zico or a Heize for example can top charts easily and have love from the go while the usual bg can’t come close to them.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,178
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,427
Ship
Wreck
I think boy group music just has a harder time fitting what Korea likes but I also think that girl groups are overall more listenable to people who aren't stans.

Even in soloists you see the success rate isn't the same as there are more female soloist that do well than guy ones.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread